Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
misterrproperr
misterrproperr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Calibre Portable Add Books Folder

Hi everybody,

I've got Calibre Portable in an External USB.

My structure is:
- Books
--- Calibre Portable
------ Calibre
------ Calibre Add
------ Calibre Library
------ Calibre Settings
------ DCIM
------ calibre-portable.exe

I would like to define my authomatic addition folder, something like this:
%THISPATH%\Calibre Add
because the external USB has diferent identifing letters depending on what computer I'm using it. D: E: G:

Is there a way to do what I need ?

I've been looking everywhere but I haven't found any solution.

Thanks in advance.
misterrproperr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't tested this myself, but you might try:

.\Calibre Add
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe the PortableApps.com version of calibrePortable should fix the filenames.

The PortableApps.com approach to making things portable is by saving registry keys etc. to config files and more importantly, by changing paths to compensate for changing mountpoints. It should catch this path too.

Kovid's calibre-portable uses relative paths from the top folder, which doesn't fix filenames, and I have no idea if it makes the adding books folder relative. It probably should, or be fixed to do so, in the event of it being in the Calibre Portable folder tree, in which case Kovid's version, too, should work.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add, book, calibre, folder, portable