Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Seeking a Mark Twain piece -- Advice to Little Boys

If this is the wrong sub-forum, will somebody please move me?

The particular Mark Twain essay I am trying to find is “Advice to Good Little Boys,” supposedly published about 1863 ~ 1865, around the same time as “Advice to Little Girls.” (This is not the same as “The Story of the Good Little Boy” published in 1870.)

"Advice to Little Girls" appears in all sorts of places, but I can't find the Boys.
I have found a couple of quotations from the piece, but not the article itself.

This one should be public domain.
Any leads to a freely available download would be greatly appreciated.

Hoping.........
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
The particular Mark Twain essay I am trying to find is “Advice to Good Little Boys,” supposedly published about 1863 ~ 1865, around the same time as “Advice to Little Girls.” (This is not the same as “The Story of the Good Little Boy” published in 1870.)
Is this what you're looking for?

http://books.google.com/books?id=D_S...20boys&f=false
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Yes, that's it!

How did you DO that? When I used google, I only got hits for paper books on Amazon. I need to hone my search skills, obviously.

Thank you so very much.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
Yes, that's it!

How did you DO that? When I used google, I only got hits for paper books on Amazon. I need to hone my search skills, obviously.

Thank you so very much.
Your welcome... I found it by *dumb* luck. A google search for "twain advice good little boys" brought up a search result with the first hit to a website called justolder.com and the source link on that page led to the google book. Glad to be of help.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Good reference.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote