Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 AM   #1
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
Cool PRS 505 gray shades?

Do someone have the gray shades values of the prs 505?
Thank you
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The 505 displays 8 grey scales.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
Kirys
Zealot

I mean the palette values ^_^
Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think that you can reasonably assume they are equally spaced from (0,0,0) to (255,255,255). ie multiples of 32.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
Kirys
Zealot

I was thinking so, but i don't know if i have to count 0 or not ^_^
counting from 0 (to 255) i would be a spacing of about 36.5 (with 32 i'll get 9 shades if i count 0)
so rounding 36.5 to 36 (I do hate odd numbers ^_^)
it would be
0,24,48,6c,90,b4,d8,fc (or ff...)

What you think?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Oh yes, I see what you mean - you have to include both "Black" and ""White" in the count of 8 don't you, so that leaves 6 intermediate values.

Yes, I'd agree with your calculations - you certainly aren't going to be very far out, anyway.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #7
Kirys
Zealot

Smile

I'll try with it, well' see the results.
Thank you
Old 10-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is it you want to know for? Inquiring minds want to know.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #9
Kirys
Zealot

It is for JEComics color optimizzation filter ^_^
Old 10-18-2007, 01:47 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys View Post
It is for JEComics color optimizzation filter ^_^
And that will work for regular photos too?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 AM   #11
Kirys
Zealot

The only way to know is to try ^_^
Old 10-18-2007, 02:28 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One other question...How will this make the images better to view on the 505 then just letting the 505 do the dithering from the original image?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:36 AM   #13
Kirys
Zealot

Cool

the idea is that a desktop pc have more power than the prs and could use more complex dithering and scaling algorithms.
The second reason is file size, resizing and reducing color depth means smaller size with the same or better output on the device.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys View Post
the idea is that a desktop pc have more power than the prs and could use more complex dithering and scaling algorithms.
The second reason is file size, resizing and reducing color depth means smaller size with the same or better output on the device.
I'll be interested in trying this new version once it is ready to go.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
linguist
linguist began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
2-gray-scale setting on the 505?

One source I saw this week (not at hand) referred to a "2-gray-scale mode" on the 505 as an alternative setting, but of course I see nothing like this in the menu.

I was attracted by this, because as I read PDF files on my 505, I notice that the background white is actually one tiny shade off the "true" white of the reader - which is still visible in a strip around the perimeter. Setting the machine for 2 gray scales would solve this problem, it seems to me, and restore the crackle to those PDF pages.

This comes up with every PDF I read, and is a problem absent from other formats on the machine.
linguist is offline   Reply With Quote