Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
requiem_mortis
requiem_mortis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Activity ContentManager not responding

I have a large library installed to 16Gb memory card when trying to browse through the 'Books' in list mode (1142 pages) after the third page turn I get the following error message

! Sorry

Activity ContentManager (in appliation ContentManager) is not responding

[Force Close] [Wait]

After pressing the 'Force Close' button it recovers; but it does it everytime. I can fast search (press middle of bottom screen) and quick scroll to any part of the directory but when I then try page turning from that point fails in the same way. This happens when trying to add content to collections as well.

Anyone else getting this ?

Last edited by requiem_mortis; 11-28-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Additional information added
requiem_mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
I only have around 330 books without SD-card, but sometime, when I press forward button too quickly (faster than the page refresh time), I get the same crash and error message. I use search button to limit the number of pages to 1 or 2 (but it doesn't work when adding to a collection as it disable the current search result and mask the search button, grrr).
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
requiem_mortis

Thanks for your response seabee....I'm sorry to hear you have a similar issue but now you know your not alone :-)

I wonder if the new firmware due in December will fix this ???
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Sounds like there is a book (or books) that are corrupted on the sd and it's boinking the system. I had that issue initially. I took my sd card put it in my card reader on my laptop and removed all books that aren't epub, txt or pdf. Once I move those off I no longer had it happen.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:28 AM   #5
requiem_mortis

@luvduchovny

Thanks for the suggestion...I took a look and only have epub files on the card that were transferred using Calibre.

As it's a rather large library do you know of a MS Windows utility for checking the integrity of epubs ?

Some of the folder names created are quite long could that be a possible cause ?

Being able to fast find an author or title and then always crash after 3rd page turn would tend to suggest a program error rather than a file error, what do you think ?

Last edited by requiem_mortis; 11-30-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Talking

The problem just disappeared with last firmware update !
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
requiem, I think it's time for a firmware update for your T1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem_mortis View Post
As it's a rather large library do you know of a MS Windows utility for checking the integrity of epubs ?
There's a plug-in for Calibre which can check epubs:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=125428

Also, there's a command-line utility which comes with Calibre:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/epub-fix.html
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote