Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-29-2024, 03:22 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistn View Post
Has anyone found a way to update 3.48 w7 calibre to work with the new kindles without needing to update your OS?

Any patcher or plug in for this? I know this is an older thread but figured stick to it instead of making another thread about it.
You won't get all the features...but
You should be able to use Save to Disc or Connect to Folder (remember to Eject if you use this)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:37 PM   #17
Calistn
Calistn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sorry but the answer is you'll have to update your OS and if you can't, you'll have to replace your computer in order to run an OS that's able to run calibre 7.x.

What OS are you using? If it's an old version of Windows and your computer is 64-bit compatible, upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit.
No worries I was just wondering if anyone had done some workaround is all. I have 3 PC running at the house two are w10 and one is w7 which my wife using and she is kind of loath to leave w7 as she has some older programs she uses when doing her writing that just don't do well any anything beyond w7.

I just have her using calibre on my PC for now. Btw her PC is a ryzen 3600x running w7_64. Before anyone says that's not possible it is indeed possible to make a USB w7 installation disk with the drivers required to make windows 7 run fine and dandy on ryzen. I made w7 usb stick just for that for her PC and added the required drivers to it and even for fun tried it on my PC running 5800x ryzen and it worked super fine too though like I said that was just for fun and I installed w10 a few days later when I was done testing stuff since its a media/vr gaming PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You won't get all the features...but
You should be able to use Save to Disc or Connect to Folder (remember to Eject if you use this)
Hmm might have her try this see if she happy with that, it's mostly just so she doesn't have to go through my PC and can add remove book herself independently.

I just found it odd as her previous paperwhite was detected fine by calibre on w7, it's just this new 11th gen one that doesn't get detected and we were quite happy with the older version of calibre as it did what we need it to do and worked fine as well with my ole kindle keyboard.

Thanks for the replies!
Calistn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2024, 02:13 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
No worries I was just wondering if anyone had done some workaround is all. I have 3 PC running at the house two are w10 and one is w7 which my wife using and she is kind of loath to leave w7 as she has some older programs she uses when doing her writing that just don't do well any anything beyond w7.
Have you tried her programs on Windows 10 to see how well they work? Are there newer versions of these programs?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 02:14 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hmm might have her try this see if she happy with that, it's mostly just so she doesn't have to go through my PC and can add remove book herself independently.

I just found it odd as her previous paperwhite was detected fine by calibre on w7, it's just this new 11th gen one that doesn't get detected and we were quite happy with the older version of calibre as it did what we need it to do and worked fine as well with my ole kindle keyboard.

Thanks for the replies!
DO NOT use an older calibre with the newer database. It's not fully compatible and you don't know if you could get data corruption or not.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 09:00 PM   #20
Calistn
Calistn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
DO NOT use an older calibre with the newer database. It's not fully compatible and you don't know if you could get data corruption or not.
Ah well too late I have been using my old kindle keyboard all week added like 7 books so far but lucky had no issues?

Or I think maybe I am understanding this post wrong.....I used my old calibre database (from the older version of calibre) and just copy/pasted it in the new database location (of the new latest version of calibre) and have had no issues?

I mean are not these databases meant to be able to be imported/exported over from one version of calibre or installation/PC to the other?
Calistn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2024, 09:32 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I mean are not these databases meant to be able to be imported/exported over from one version of calibre or installation/PC to the other?
There have been changes made so databases may not be backward compatible. That is you can install calibre 7.10 over calibre 3.48 and the database will be upgraded. Installing 3.48 over 7.10 will not downgrade the database so there is a chance that you will run into issues.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote