Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
mva1985
Enthusiast
mva1985 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, Nook HD
I can't modify tags on device anymore

I have a Sony eReader Touch and while my device is connected I can see all the books in my library and I used to be able to modify the tags ON the device only. But now it seems that I can't do that anymore.

If I modify the tags on my computer and then send all the books back to my device again will that help?

Or is there a way to modify the tags only on the device... i.e. while i have one of the memory cards selected?

thanks for the help.
mva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can no longer modify collections on device, you have to resend the books for the changes to show up. This is a side effect of the closer association that calibre now maintains between books on the device and in the library, in order to enable the on device and in library columns.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
mva1985
Enthusiast

wow!!! i was not expecting an answer that quickly... thank you.

so by just resending the books with the modified tags/collections i won't have to worry about duplicates on my device?

thanks for great software and all the upgrades!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
as long as you haven't changed the title or authors, you wont create duplicates.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
mva1985
Enthusiast

Thanks
Advert