Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Does this have an SD card slot?

It seems I should be able to find the answer to this easily via Google, but can't seem to. I was thinking of getting a PRS-300 to always keep in my purse, but to make it worthwhile to me it would need to house an SD card.

So, does this reader have a slot for SD cards?

Thanks,
Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Omega
Mostly lurking...
Omega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
No, it does not. I haven't missed not having a slot for an additional card, either. However, I am the type who only likes to load what I feel comfortable managing.

Last edited by Omega; 02-09-2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: oops! mo thumbs-down icon needed!
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Bummer. Thanks for the info.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
Marcy,

How many eBooks do you plan on carring around with you? The internal memory will house up to 350 eBooks, and if you use calibre on your computer you can easily manage as many eBooks as your hard drive will hold and add/delete them from your PRS-300 at will. It's one of the most stable eReaders on the market and offeres the best value for the money. Don't discount it just because of the lack of a memory card slot, that shortfall is easily overcome!

BTW, super cute Avatar!
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You may wish to consider the Pocketbook 360 as an alternative. It does have a memory slot and is, I think, all round a better device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
What Paul said.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
What Paul, Harry and tnronin said.... 300 is great (i got one), and no real need for added memory....but.... if you just have to have it for some reason, then the 360 is a great alternative.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote