Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
PDF translation

Hi everybody -
in just a few days I should be the happy owner of a 505, so I started looking around for useful software.
I knew about the problems with not-easily-readable PDFs on the Reader, so I checked pdf2lrf.
I was surprised to discover that it just translates the text, discarding the images!
For me it's a big problem, since I read a lot of sci/tech books with lots of images - formulas.

There are ways out - apart from waiting for a "better" PDF support they promised at Sony?....

bye!

Alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
this tool works pretty well
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135

Sony has also made instructions available to print your PDF's and other documents into a Reader sized format, I think another PDF.

Also, I think some people have used pdf to html utilities and then converted from that to lrf.

I would play around with some of these and see what works best for the source you're trying to convert.
tidixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
pdftohtml that comes with libprs500 might be ok at a conversion which you then might have to clean up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote