Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
dennisblake
dennisblake began at the beginning.

Device: none
Audio book narrator looking for work

Hello,

I am an independent audio book reader offering my services here to the e-book community. I apologize if this sort of self promotion is not "kosher".

I feel that the independent publisher community is a perfect match for me. I've been told by many authors that the number one obstacle preventing them from offering professional quality audio book versions of their work is the sticker shock. My prices are far below those of the larger audio book publishing houses, as I am 100% independent and work out of my own in-house studio.

Please visit my website for samples, or contact me via email or Skype for a quote. I can work on a chapter by chapter basis, or the whole book at once. I would love to discuss these details with you over the phone.

Thank you for your time,

Dennis Blake
http://www.blakeaudio.com
dennis@blakeaudio.com
dennisblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I so wanted to write a form response to this form post.

But welcome Dennis. Hopefully you'll learn to enjoy this community as much as we do :-)
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Can you do a Yorkshire accent?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
dennisblake
dennisblake began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I so wanted to write a form response to this form post.

But welcome Dennis. Hopefully you'll learn to enjoy this community as much as we do :-)
Hah, thanks. Believe it or not, I wrote a similar but slightly different post for each of the forums I've been spamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Can you do a Yorkshire accent?
I've never done one, and a quick look at YouTube shows it's pretty challenging. I guess it depends on how often it's used (i.e. one character's voice, or the whole thing), but I might be up for it.
dennisblake is offline   Reply With Quote