Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

View Poll Results: Does rooting violate the warranty or not?
It's unclear whether it violates the warranty 12 17.91%
It does not violate the warranty 16 23.88%
It does, indeed, violate the warranty 39 58.21%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #61
daenas
daenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EzReader Pocket Pro and Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
You have to go through B&N before the square trade extension starts in a number of states, including my own. And I am willing to bet a stack of my business cards that the CS rep you called had no idea what he was talking about when it comes to bricking or rooting.
Actually, I was JUST on the phone w/ a rep from Squaretrade, I just bought a warranty from them, and the date of the warranty starts the day I BOUGHT the Nook as it includes accidental dropping and handling. The BN warranty doesn't cover this, so SquareTrade takes over the very moment I do drop it!
daenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #62
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
You had to dig deep for this thread. Didn't think this one would resurface.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert