Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it true that with Android, you cannot change fonts?

I recently found out from several sellers that changing fonts on Android products is not possible, is this really true? I thought a so-called flexible opensource operating system would allow this changes to Menu Font and Application Fonts.
Font is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
CelesteGB
CelesteGB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
I have an Asus Transformer and I can change the font size but not the font type...that I have found yet.
CelesteGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Font View Post
I recently found out from several sellers that changing fonts on Android products is not possible, is this really true? I thought a so-called flexible opensource operating system would allow this changes to Menu Font and Application Fonts.
You change the Menu Font on my Galaxy S. It comes with four and you can get more online. (Settings > Display > Font Style)

I don't have any applications on my phone that allow me to format the font type used when typing, but I've not installed more powerful document creation tools. Others may be able to confirm whether this is possible, particularly on tablets.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
if you're rooted you can. font changer app makes it pretty easy once rooted.

it's probably a security issue. i remember some devices getting compromised with buffer overflows using fonts back in the days.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font