Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
susanne
susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Is it OK to promote my book(s) here?

Hello again,

I made a brief appearance here a while back just to say hello as a new Kindle author. Then I got busy with writing and editing, updating a previously published novel and finishing the first draft of my current project.

I was also severely trashed on a forum, the name of which I will not mention for advertising one of my novels, so I feel a little bruised and battered.

But I heard that this is a very friendly forum, so I thought I'd make a come-back and try the waters here.

The updated novel is a romantic comedy set in St Tropez and I hope readers enjoy it. It's called 'Villa Caramel' and the gorgeous cover was done by my designer friend Bradley Wind who is also a very talented author and he did the one for 'Swedish for Beginners- a novel too. Villa Caramel is not on Smashword yet but all the other ones are:

Here's a link to my books on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...susanne+o%27le

And Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Susanne

Last edited by susanne; 05-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.
susanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
susanne
susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.susanne can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

38 views and no replies. So then it's OK but nobody is interested? Hmmm.
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hi Susanne,
It's common for authors to post info about their work on MR and there's even a long running thread dedicated to just that!

You can find it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76829

Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
susanne

Thanks, Danny!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanne View Post
Is it OK to promote my book(s) here?
Well,
I am not sure.
An unknown and unpublished writer Boyd Morrison did try to promote his books here.
Read through following thread how it came out ;-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44129

Seriously.
I personally do not care about romantic fiction (I am more a hardcore SciFi, or horror, or a murder mystery type), but any writer, or reader, or gadget lover is very welcome here.
Do not be afraid to ask questions. I have never seen a question regarding e-books unanswered here.
There are quite a few beginning or accomplished writers here and Writers Corner is very active.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Susanne, and welcome to MR!
We do like to welcome authors who join in and participate in our forums.
We are a worldwide forum with thousands of members and various Reading devices. Many members, who are able, are kind enough to post in English for those of us who don't speak their language.

We love to hear of new books and support them, sometimes we do take a while to make comments about your book because we have long TBR (to be read) lists. Also, many (me included) will view a thread; check what is said - even check a new book link - ; and because of limited time and/or so many threads to be checked, will move on and not leave a comment. Having lots of views is a good thing... it is still exposure.

Having the links to your books in the first post is a major plus, as members can quickly click and check your books. You can go back and "edit" your first post and add the links in.

From what I understand from other posts here, members outside of the US appreciate having a link to smashwords as they don't get the $2 whispernet and / or extra tax charge on their Kindle books when purchasing from smashwords.

If you have any questions, just ask. We are not just a community of readers and authors, but many developers, company members, and tech savy members also.

Welcome again to MR, and I hope you decide to become a part of the MR community and actively join in all areas of our forum.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
susanne

Thank you. I love this forum already because of its friendly nature and the ease of use, if that's the correct way of putting it.

I'm Swedish by birth and Irish by marriage. That's why I live in Ireland and write in English.
All my books are very international and set int he countries I've lived in, which seems to be a good feature.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Susanne

Welcome to MR..

I read some of the sample of Swedish for beginners and it was so good, I just had to buy it...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #9
susanne

Great Lene, so glad the first impression was good. Hope you enjoy the rest of it.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:28 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It went straight to the top of my TBR list, and I'm nearly halfway through... Very good read...

I suppose the Swedish language is so close to the Danish and it got me straight away... I'm also called 'mormor/farmor' by my grandkids...

When I was 11 I went on a holiday in Sweden - To Nynaeshamn, south of Stockholm... It was so interesting, the different foods, the completely different country (lot's of rocks).. I was there for 2 months, until my stepfather tracked me down... lol

Last edited by lene1949; 05-02-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #11
susanne

Of course, part of it is set in Australia, where I lived for three years.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Susanne. Good to have your company. I think you'll find the 'Shameless Self Promotion' thread great, constructive fun. I bought my weekend's reading from a tip there on Friday. Loose change very well spent. Best of luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #13
susanne

Hi Neil! I see you live in the south of France. We go there twice a year (Antibes). Lovely part of the world.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #14
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanne View Post
Of course, part of it is set in Australia, where I lived for three years.

I lived most of my life in Denmark..
Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 AM   #15
susanne

Oh, you're Danish? Thought your name sounded familiar. Lovely to meet a fellow Scandinavian!