Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
swt_decadent
swt_decadent began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Please help! Both my 505 and 600 are showing as an error on reader library

I updated the software last month and everything went fine. But today when I try to add book the reader show as a error. I couldn't add book and I also couldn't see my collection once I remove the reader on the usb. I tried deleting the cache which works before but now it's no use. I also try resetting my reader and still nothing. I use mac snow leopard. When I try to search if people here have similar problem, I read that it's because snow leopard runs at 64 bits and the software only runs on 32? How do I fix that? I'm not really good at computer so I don't know if I can run my mac to a 32..... Please help!
swt_decadent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Snow Leopard will run in either 32 or 64 bit mode... do a further search on here as I haven't put SN on yet so can't help directly... I think you may have to decide on 32/64 at OS installation so you may need to reinstall OS X and setup again (don't forget to back up all your data)
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't know if this helps but I am able to run the Reader software on 64-bit Windows 7 with no problems.

Have you tried re-installing the Reader software via download (not from the 505 or 600)?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
swt_decadent
swt_decadent began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Thanks for replying. I don't have windows tho. Does it mean there's no solution on my problem. I'm getting tired of always fixing my sony reader.
swt_decadent is offline   Reply With Quote