Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
ec1matt
Enthusiast
ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Paperwhite 2013, Sony PRS-505(RIP)
ICM Sony Reader Survey - UK

I just got emailed a survey from ICM about the Sony Reader, presumably because I registered it online.

Overall, the survey was pretty good with the sort of questions you'd expect - why did you buy it, what's your favourite feature, what sort of books do you like. I was surprised to find by looking at my Waterstones order history, I've bought 12 ebooks since I got the Reader in November 2009 - way more books than I'd normally expect to buy.

The bit I was disappointed about way although there were questions about pricing (how should an ebook's price compare to a print book, and what would you pay for a newly-released ebook vs an older title) but there was no place to comment on the weird pricing at Waterstones - a couple of titles I've wanted from there have been about £14 and I thought that was because the titles were only out in hardback, but now the paperback is available for about £5-6, the price of the ebook hasn't shifted. Needless to say, I've resisted temptation so far.

Matt
ec1matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
ec1matt
Enthusiast
ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Paperwhite 2013, Sony PRS-505(RIP)
Oops, forgot to mention that there was also a section where you could say what hardware features you'd like added (wireless connectivity, touch screen, backlight etc).

Also there was a separate question about wanting wireless book download and how much extra you'd pay for it. It's not something I care about that much, but if I were to get a Reader for my mum it'd be essential, because she doesn't have a computer.
ec1matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I got this survey as well but when I was part way through it said that they had enough people with my profile and I wasn't needed. Not very impressed!
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
arshute
arshute began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Not had the survey, but I was interested in your comment on Waterstones. I was looking at a book last night that was cheaper in paperback, I cannot understand this pricing policy. At least with a paperback you can always sell it on and recoup some of your cash.

Allen.
arshute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
chris337
chris337 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Motorola Q9h, Elonex 500eb
I had a request to complete the ICM survey too.
First email that I received I visited the link to find that the survey was asking me for project details??? Guessing that Opera might be causing the survey to display incorrectly I double checked with other web browsers (FireFox, Safari & IE7) but it seemed that the survey hadn't been finished being set up! Deleted the email & thought no more about it.
They are persistant though & after the second email request I found the link to be working so completed the survey.
Now I don't know if my input was sought because I had a unit which required repair within a couple of hours use. Or if my low scoring on the product survey that I have completed for Sony direct was a factor (Q. Would you recommend Sony products? A. Probably not now!)
The trouble with the reader (& I hope to heaven that it's not just a problem with MY unit) is it's ability to swing you from poles of 'love it' / 'loath it' at times. Currently I'm on the 'upswing' but I know that in a week or so I'll load a few more books onto one of the memory cards & it'll either tell me that they're not there (best case scenario), or ALL the collections will vanish along with the bookmarks!
It wouldn't be so bad but sometimes I'll be reading books, magazines & have reference bookmarks on the device at the same time....that's often when I hit the 'hate it' phase.
Goodness that was a long post hope it didn't bore too many
chris337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathos View Post
I got this survey as well but when I was part way through it said that they had enough people with my profile and I wasn't needed. Not very impressed!
Hi Guys, i didn't even get this far; when i went into it today i was advised that the survey has now ended! I would be interested to know how many people were actually able to complete it. There must have been a fantastic response as i did not receive the mail until Thursday...

Last edited by Tracey; 03-29-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake - doh!
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote