Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
dkgonda
dkgonda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can't change title metadata of .mobi file?

Hello,

I am trying to change the title on a set of .mobi files I obtained from Oracle Corporation (freely available DB documentation). They are all titled "Oracle Documentation" but are on different topics. I'd like to title them by topic.
However, when I change the title via editing metadata in Calibre, it changes the file name on the computer, but the file still opens up with the title "Oracle Documentation" on Calibre, Kindle on PC, and via a Kindle Touch.

Specifically, I do the following:

(1) right click on doc in calibre, select "Edit metadata individually"
(2) change the title in the "Title" box; also click arrow to copy new title to "Title sort" box
(3) click 'OK'

Again, even after doing this, the title displayed by various readers is still set to the original.

This shouldn't be this hard, should it? What am I doing wrong?

I've searched the forum and haven't found any discussion of similar issues.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

--David
dkgonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgonda View Post
Hello,

I am trying to change the title on a set of .mobi files I obtained from Oracle Corporation (freely available DB documentation). They are all titled "Oracle Documentation" but are on different topics. I'd like to title them by topic.
However, when I change the title via editing metadata in Calibre, it changes the file name on the computer, but the file still opens up with the title "Oracle Documentation" on Calibre, Kindle on PC, and via a Kindle Touch.

Specifically, I do the following:

(1) right click on doc in calibre, select "Edit metadata individually"
(2) change the title in the "Title" box; also click arrow to copy new title to "Title sort" box
(3) click 'OK'

Again, even after doing this, the title displayed by various readers is still set to the original.

This shouldn't be this hard, should it? What am I doing wrong?

I've searched the forum and haven't found any discussion of similar issues.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

--David
You need to Convert for metadata to get applied to the file.
Mobi -> Mobi should do that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert