Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Sparkling
Sparkling began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Import order when adding multiple books

When I add multiple books to calibre they seem to be added in a random order instead of by filename which I think was how it worked a while before. Is there somewhere I can change this? Having newly added books shown organized in this way makes my metadata editing go way faster.
Sparkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
For me it has always added them in the order they come. A windows thing I think.
I always sort by date and don't find a sorted title helps but easy enough to do

Quick and dirty: Before adding books type some nonsense into the search bar so you have no books showing. Then add your books and sort them how you want before editing. (any bulk edit will mess things up though)

Would be better to use todays date as the search but I can't seem to manage that.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkling View Post
When I add multiple books to calibre they seem to be added in a random order instead of by filename which I think was how it worked a while before. Is there somewhere I can change this? Having newly added books shown organized in this way makes my metadata editing go way faster.
I believe that this is a Windows filesystem thing in that it is the underlying 'Natural order' of the 8.3 name (dir /X in a command prompt window)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkling View Post
If you are using Windows, they come in in the order Windows gives them to Calibre. Try sorting them in the Windows File Explorer the way you want them, then highlight them, then drag the highlighted group by selecting the group at the first file in the highlighted group (at the top). If you grab the group in the middle, Windows will pass from the selected middle file down, then go to the top and grab those.

I can't say if that's how Calibre gets them, but I used to have an audio player that played by the order it received files, and that was the only way to get them in the right order onto it. I was surprised that the point in the highlighted group you pick controls the order they are sent.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Would be better to use todays date as the search but I can't seem to manage that.
date:=today
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Sparkling
Sparkling began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
speakingtohe, chaley: Thanks! I knew there was some way-to-easy-to-not-overlook-way of doing this
Sparkling is offline   Reply With Quote