Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
UGH--Battery problems-March firmware: ME too!!!

Have to admit...I thought I was one of the lucky ones with the March firmware. But, Alas,,,, I charged my PP (it was just below 2 bars) overnite for 12 hours.. all seemed well. Four full bars. read a bit and then put it on keyboard lock.

Next morning.... I get a low power message on the screen. good to know that it has this function.... but. Sure that I charged it properly. anyways... maybe I am a victim of the quirky new firm ware.. so thinking of rolling back...... to December....

C'est la vie ..... que lastima.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I'm having the same battery problems but to be perfectly honest I really love the new coolreader software so I'm sticking with it. I've converted all my epubs to fb2 format, there's just so many more formatting functions available I honestly can't see myself going back. I can put up with having to charge my PP every day or two to be able continue with the improvements.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I'm having the same battery problems but to be perfectly honest I really love the new coolreader software so I'm sticking with it. I've converted all my epubs to fb2 format, there's just so many more formatting functions available I honestly can't see myself going back. I can put up with having to charge my PP every day or two to be able continue with the improvements.
I may do the same.

However. My PP was fine for three weeks. Only after charging did it have a brain cramp. maybe it will be better later today.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
hidari
MR Drone

And you are right.. cool reader 3.0 is too good to give up.........
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
And you are right.. cool reader 3.0 is too good to give up.........
And I believe this is the key. If you leave coolreader before locking the device I believe you won't have any battery problems. At least I don't. I think coolreader is not integrated well with the power saving on the unit in this release. Probably will be fixed in the future but the work around is pretty easy.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
hidari
MR Drone

ALWAYS LEAVE coolreader before turning off the device if I ever do.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
And I believe this is the key. If you leave coolreader before locking the device I believe you won't have any battery problems. At least I don't. I think coolreader is not integrated well with the power saving on the unit in this release. Probably will be fixed in the future but the work around is pretty easy.

Dale
I have to agree. I didn't even lock the device, just left it on the table with a page in a book (being read by Coolreader) open - and it flattened itself in a very short time. It went flat so fast that I'd almost think it is worse than just preventing the power saving kicking in. It's almost like Coolreader sat in a loop consuming extra power.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone

mine was not in Coolreader when it lost power. I accidentally turned it off instead of releasing the key lock.... this is after 12 hours of charging... then I turned it on and it had a conniption.... battery low... meter read was flat...etc.... ugh... now she his charging.. after one hour..tested and seemed at full power...but I am juicing her more just in case. .
Old 03-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #9
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
mine was not in Coolreader when it lost power. I accidentally turned it off instead of releasing the key lock.... this is after 12 hours of charging... then I turned it on and it had a conniption.... battery low... meter read was flat...etc.... ugh... now she his charging.. after one hour..tested and seemed at full power...but I am juicing her more just in case. .
That would seem to indicate the whole battery charging/meter/battery low warning system is in an even worse state than we imagined.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
That would seem to indicate the whole battery charging/meter/battery low warning system is in an even worse state than we imagined.
I agree. Whatever happened, may be tied to something with the Mar 2010 FW that put the battery monitor in a confused state on a cold boot.

Do these units recover if older FW is loaded?

I feel lucky, that I rolled back before battery problems happened.
I have been buying e-books from Baen these last few months and would have nothing new to read if I had to take my PEz in for repairs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I agree. Whatever happened, may be tied to something with the Mar 2010 FW that put the battery monitor in a confused state on a cold boot.

Do these units recover if older FW is loaded?

:
Mine is back to normal now I reloaded the older firmware.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Mine is back to normal now I reloaded the older firmware.

No Permanent damage then.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Mine works fine with the March firmware except the battery meter isn't even close to being correct. It just shows a full charge until BAM! it's at zero. I'm too lazy to reflash the firmware so will just deal with it until the new firmware comes out. Given that I still get more than a week per charge, I'm thrilled. I have to charge my DR1000 every couple of days.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Revised firmware upgrade coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

No Permanent damage then.
The factory is sending a revised firmware upgrade next week. Astak will test this one really hard before we post. The PM has authorized me to find two people who want to serve as Beta Testers.

Duckey, if you want a try at this send me a PM with your qualifications. I KNOW you are an expert but he does not know you like I do. Send a short synopsis, just like I do not know you, so I can get him to approve you.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #15
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Mine works fine with the March firmware except the battery meter isn't even close to being correct. It just shows a full charge until BAM! it's at zero. I'm too lazy to reflash the firmware so will just deal with it until the new firmware comes out. Given that I still get more than a week per charge, I'm thrilled. I have to charge my DR1000 every couple of days.
Could be the meter, but also could be that it runs normally for a while then suddenly gets in a mode that flattens the battery in a very short space of time.