Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-24-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Litefeeds brings optimized feeds to Java-enabled devices

I've received a nice e-mail from John informing me that Litefeeds (a project by John Goodall and Darren Inouye of Webpost Enterprises) has gone public. Litefeeds looks very much like a light version of Bloglines. But here is the kick: Once you've subscribed to (or imported) your favorite feeds, you download a stand-alone Java (J2ME) application and install it on your Java-enabled mobile device (Blackberry is also supported). This application works as a gateway and downloads your selected feeds from the Litefeed server which are cached, compressed and stripped of unneeded HTML code.

I tried to add one of our feeds, but the Litefeeds server timed out in the progress. Keeping in mind this service is still in beta, I'll try it again in a couple of days and see how it works with my new Nokia Communciator 9500
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Isn't there something like Yahoo RSS to WAP already? How does it differ from Java?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
John Goodall
John Goodall began at the beginning.

hi Alex, the server was running slow that night, but should be fine now.
Just wanted to let your readers know that if they have trouble installing over the air
at mobile.litefeeds.com they can try litefeeds.com/mobile

Any feedback would be appreciated ... jgoodall [at] webpostsolutions [dot] com

Thanks

John Goodall

myBlog
http://www.litefeeds.com/blojsom/blog/john/

Last edited by Alexander; 03-24-2005 at 01:34 PM. Reason: e-mail edited to avoid spamming
John Goodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
divajess
Connoisseur
divajess is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 1910, Dell X30H
Hi John,

I keep trying to get this working on my cell phone, but I get a "please check your username/password and try again" error every time. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jess
divajess is offline   Reply With Quote