Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
sespr
Enthusiast
sespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankindsespr has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle Paper White
AZW3

In the past when I have purchased a book of this type I deleted the 3 from the name and then was able to drop into Calibre and it appeared as a mobi.

Today I downloaded Calibre 0.8.55 and ticked off in the plugin the .azw3 extension.

I can now drop the book in and it appears and will open but will not allow conversion due to DRM. By they way, I have drm removal tools installed.

I can again delete the 3 on the file name drop it in again and it appears as a Mobi and can be converted.

Is that the only solution?
sespr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Detailed help with DRM removal is not permitted on MobileRead.

But I'd be surprised you still had this problem if you had the latest (v5.1) de-drm tools installed.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert