Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker781 View Post
Unfortunately it shows up as the device name EB106
Why is that unfortunate?

I would expect it to have two letters drives, one for the device and and one for the optional expansion card, since that is what the instructions say. Each letter drive would have a name such as EB106. That's fine.

Quote:
I am on Windows 7 however my gf whom I am trying to figure this out for is on Windows XP on her netbook
Are you saying it doesn't show up in XP the way your's does in Windows 7, all else being the same? If so, I would suspect a hardware problem with the device, the cable, or (seems least likely to me) the netbook usb port.

Googling the EB106, I am finding it available at selected US WalMart locations for $24.88. This price would, for me, make up for a lot. A fair number of buyers, elsewhere on the internet, say they are returning it to WalMart, but it sounds like this is mostly because of not figuring out how to get it working, rather than bad hardware.

Most low-end tablets have bad touch screens. This one doesn't have any touchscreen, perhaps a better idea.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 01-09-2013 at 08:53 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
sparker781
sparker781 began at the beginning.

Device: ematic EB106
Okay

So again this doesn't solve the issue...I hook it up, it shows up as the e-book name and yet I copy books over sucessfully I might add...However when I go to read it, it says that there was an error...I figure this should be as simple as plug and play however if someone can explain what exactly I am doing wrong so I can start reading books on this, I will have to fuss up some extra cash and just get her a kindle....

Thank You
sparker781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Pick an ePub eBook from the MR library and put that on your EB106 and see if that works If it does, it's because of DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
sparker781
sparker781 began at the beginning.

Device: ematic EB106
Yeah that worked. So what your sayin is...The idea of getting anything new for this is pretty much not gonna happen....I am stuck with these one's from this site?
sparker781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
anonimouse
anonimouse began at the beginning.

Device: Ematic 106
Lol, I am such the newbie... Thanks! Was going to send mine back, but after a 10hr nap, I am thinking I am going to take another crack at it!
anonimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
anonimouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker781 View Post
Yeah that worked. So what your sayin is...The idea of getting anything new for this is pretty much not gonna happen....I am stuck with these one's from this site?
If you use Adobe Digital Reader & go to Kobo & get nonDRM books, you can read those. I think Google Play may have some as well, but the catch there, is that you have to have Chrome to download their book program. I may do that later & if so, will let you know my results.

I have seen people say that they can get DRM books to work, but not exactly how they do it. I want library books on my eReader, so if I can't get the software to do it, this thing is useless to me!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #22
anonimouse

Ironic...

So of course today, my sister asks me if I want her old Nook that is just laying around gathering dust... I put a note up on FB asking if anyone had any readers or recommended any readers weeks ago... The irony!!!