psercki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 and nook
Post Reader Stylus

Sony finally has these in stock.
psercki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Link please?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Link please?
From another post is a link to Sony Parts and Accessory Sales.

Enter the part number A-1732-038-A and search by Part Number (location at top right of screen)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Even as desperate as I was when I lost mine I do not think I would have paid $38 for a single stylus even if they had had them in stock. Fortunately my workaround was a lot cheaper ($6) and miraculously I found the original stylus seven months after I lost it in the pocket of a coat. Now I have two

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Mel,

Could you please share your $6 workaround???

Thanks,

Don
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
How about a $0 workaround? Use your finger. And if you are concerned with fingerprints and messing up your screen, use the nail of your finger.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Quote:
Mel,

Thanks,

Don
See this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=stylus+woes

Mel
Old 04-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
MelC
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
How about a $0 workaround? Use your finger. And if you are concerned with fingerprints and messing up your screen, use the nail of your finger.
I use my Sony to take notes at work both on documents and freehand. Fingers won't do the trick.

Mel
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Yeah. In some cases the stylus may be better But if I don't annotate or such, a finger really is an awesome "device"
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

I was a Palm addict for many years and have sooo many extra styli I have purchased over the years. They typically sold as a three pack of $10 or less per pack. Didn't Sony have the Clie which used a stylus? What are they thinking at $38 per item?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
They probably think nothing

One more reason to use the fingers and just glue the stylus into its compartment.
(Sorry, I'm not being serious here )

Why not use one of the Nintendo/palm/whatever styli and really glue the original into its compartment as not to disturb the overall device appearance? I'm using my fingers, no need for annotations and I more than once wondered if the stylus could easily be lost when I tote around my reader. I probably at least try some adhesive tape to get a more firm fit.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote