Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
What have you read recently on Smashwords?

Just wondering what you guys have downloaded and read recently on Smashwords. Sometimes it's hard to find books you are interested in there, so I thought everyone could share what they've liked
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Sentence of Marriage by Shayne Parkinson... This book is free, and a great read
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Smashwords is huge, Lilac, with new titles appearing almost by the hour. I agree that it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Fortunately, though, you can narrow your search by searching by authors and publishers you trust. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Sentence of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Lene, thanks so much for mentioning my book! Here's the Smashwords link.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Shayne

Welcome to MR... I'm now reading the third book Settling the Account - I'll be sad, when I have finished them all.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Lene, thanks so much for mentioning my book! Here's the Smashwords link.
Thanks, I will add it to my cart!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Xenolith by A. Sparrow (a MR member!) is available for free (with coupon code).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Liz Bowen, wife of mission doctor Frank Bowen, goes missing in the wilds of Belize. The constables of San Ignacio can find no trace. On a pilgrimage years later to her remote 'grave', Frank is abducted and whisked away to a place he can't identify, by people whose motives and origins baffle him. Is this what happened to Liz? Might she still be alive?

1. Visit: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4612

2. Add to shopping cart, enter the following free coupon code: XY39L

3. Download in any of several formats: (pdf, rtf, txt, mobi, pdb, epub).
The second volume, Peregrin, is in the works.

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 01-11-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Just picked up Lucifer's Calling. The cover caught my eye and the blurb sounded pretty neat. I'm in the mood for a good mystery. =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #9
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Shayne

Welcome to MR... I'm now reading the third book Settling the Account - I'll be sad, when I have finished them all.
Thanks for the welcome!

I can't bear to leave my characters for too long. I'm working on a fifth book, but there's a long way still to go on it.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Thanks, I will add it to my cart!
Thank you!