Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
SmartQ V7 ebook Reader Program Mobipocket VS Alreader VS Others

Hi Guys,
Just wanna get opinions of what people prefer, I'm currently using Alreader however most of my ebooks are in Mobipocket format so kinda a flaw for Alreader. Can anyone tell me which is their best reader with the widest support of formats. Also can anyone tell me which is best software for viewing PDF on Windows CE, got some ebooks in PDF format.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate everyones help on this forum
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I tried Alreader (lack of mobipocket support makes it a no-no for me), I tried Ubook, reads a lot of formats, but I don't like its implementation, I couldn't get the highlighting to work and it didn't follow my page breaks. I finally stuck with Mobipocket. It is missing a folder structure, but the reading experience is the best for me. As all my books are in mobipocket (and those few that weren't, I converted) I don't need a tool that reads a lot.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Mobipocket would be good if it actually support the portrait orientation as on the V7 it doesn't which is kinda crappers
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Mobipocket would be good if it actually support the portrait orientation as on the V7 it doesn't which is kinda crappers
I read only in portrait... I have my windows setup in portrait (don't know if the SmartQ has that option or not...) and my orientation in Mobipocket on 90 degrees left.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
My favorite is AlReader2, with Mobipocket a close second (for DRM'ed books). uBook just isn't that great for me anymore.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert