Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
weirichk
weirichk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 300
Syncing back to Sony library on the PC

When I bought my PRS-300 last week I initially loaded the software and set up my library on one PC. After using the library software for a while I decided to move it to another PC for my "permanent" library. I had already loaded almost 100 books on the ereader and set up collections.

Unless I am missing something the sync function on the library only syncs books on the library to the ereader. Books on the ereader are not sync'd to the library, neither are collections.

I got around this but it involved manually copying, creating and deleting items. Is there some way to sync existing data on the ereader to the library, if you are on a "new" computer?
weirichk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirichk View Post
When I bought my PRS-300 last week I initially loaded the software and set up my library on one PC. After using the library software for a while I decided to move it to another PC for my "permanent" library. I had already loaded almost 100 books on the ereader and set up collections.

Unless I am missing something the sync function on the library only syncs books on the library to the ereader. Books on the ereader are not sync'd to the library, neither are collections.

I got around this but it involved manually copying, creating and deleting items. Is there some way to sync existing data on the ereader to the library, if you are on a "new" computer?
I don't think so, because your new computer has a different license than the one before.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirichk View Post
There is no way to autosync it. But, you can just drag the files from your Reader to your Library in the Sony software and it will copy all the stuff from the device to your PC.

Or, if they are ebooks you bought from Sony you can just login to your account and re-download them.

BOB
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote