Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #16
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I try to enhance it when I notice books it is not working on. So if you would lika any specific enhancement just let me know and give me a test file.
It's not that it doesn't work with the e-books I've tried, but some of the formatting gets lost. Mobigen converts CSS style information into Mobipocket specific tags and lit2mobi does not.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:13 AM   #17
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM12743 View Post
Is there a SIMPLE way to convert files for the cybokk3? I looked at mobiperl, but I've got to tell you, it looks something like a monster! Just looking for the simplest method possible.
Actually, mobiperl is far from being a monster, if you're not afraid of invoking some console commands. Just give it a try, with just one command needed to do the full conversion process it actually is the easiest method out there.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 05:22 AM   #18
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Why can't someone produce a nice little programe todo these conversions?

Just double click on the file and it loads and converts to one's choice of output.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really don't see how it could be made much easier than using ConvertLIT/Mobi Creator!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #20
stxopher
Nameless Being

Have someone else click the button for you?
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post

Just double click on the file and it loads and converts to one's choice of output.
I think you're talking about the app called IWIWS. (I Wish It Were So) You can find it on your local mega-mart shelves right next to the canned Unobtanium and boxes of World Peace: Dummies Edition.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #22
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

How about one application that does the conversion .lit to .prc in one go and not two stages?

Why is that unreasonable?

Derek, I looked where you said and I could not find the app you spoke about...
Old 08-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

Mobiperl has a Lit2Mobi.exe. You can set up a file association (Windows) that would basically convert any lit that you double-clicked on to convert it to mobi.

I assume you can do similar on the Mac, but I am still learning that type of stuff. But, with Automator it seems like it would be doable.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #24
peterbbb
BoyReader

How easy is it to use mobiperl?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #25
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
I've *YET* to figure out how to get the opf2mobi to work. Of course, I'm attempting to run the .exe version (0.38) but still... And Mobipocket Creator does such a crappy job of formatting opf/multi-file html ebooks to my taste.

maybe if Mobi2Mobi GUI were able to deal with opf2mobi, it would make a difference, but this command-line stuff is for the birds!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
To convert Lit to Mobi it is very easy... you just type...

lit2mobi MyLitFile.lit

and press enter. You know how to use the command prompt right?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:30 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How about one application that does the conversion .lit to .prc in one go and not two stages?

Why is that unreasonable?
I didn't say that it was "unreasonable". Just that - for me at least - using ConvertLIT and then Mobi Creator is sufficiently easy that I don't have a need, personally, for anything easier.

The other reason I like using Mobi Creator is that it gives you a chance to look at - and if necessary to change - the book's metadata during the conversion process. Most have the author's name as "firstname lastname"; I prefer to change it to "lastname, firstname".
Old 08-17-2008, 05:12 AM   #28
peterbbb
BoyReader

Ok. I've done a few .lit to .prc conversions using the convertlit and then the mobicreator route. It is not too bad. A question. After the process I have a directory with stuff in it like cover art etc. Do I just need to keep and use the .prc file or do I need the other bits and pieces?

Second where can I learn how to do the mobiperl stuff? (Easy version)
Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

All you need to read the book is the ".prc" file. It's a good idea to keep the OEB source, however, in case you want to make any changes subsequently.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #30
peterbbb
BoyReader

Thanks, Harry.