Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you getting a Kindle Fire HDX?
Yes, I've already got mine! 10 18.87%
Yes, I've already ordered one! 4 7.55%
Yes, I am planning on buying one. 5 9.43%
No, I am not interested in the Kindle Fire HDX at all. 28 52.83%
I'm undecided at the moment. 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Did you a buy a Kindle Fire HDX yet?

I'm not much on polls but C'mon so far only 4 people have posted about their HDX. So do you have one or are you planning to get one? Have you order one and waiting for it?

You lurkers can vote on the poll to let me not feel so alone!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
It must be selling well as it won't be back in stock until October 31. As we know though, Amazon never releases numbers.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
It must be selling well as it won't be back in stock until October 31. As we know though, Amazon never releases numbers.

Interesting!

The special offers version says: 16GB and 64Gb both say In stock with a green note below it: In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

The 32GB one says next batch will available on October 31.

The non special offers versions are in stock and ready now except for the 32GB which says: In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-21-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
No, I'm not interested at all. I'd rather have the 1st gen HD. Don't like the buttons on the X.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
No, I'm not interested at all. I'd rather have the 1st gen HD. Don't like the buttons on the X.
Oh that's one of my favorite thing about the HDX is the buttons they are really accessible now and so easy to push one of the best new features!

My KF didn't have but one push button I only used when to turn it on and I use the lock app to put it to sleep. I love having buttons on the HDX and it's perfect where they are located. Try one at Best Buy you will see what I mean.

Oh the reviewers are wrong there is no way to mix the buttons up. One is a circle and the other the shape of a pill.
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'll consider getting an HDX 7 when it goes on clearance. It's not worth paying retail.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Are the buttons slanted? See, that's my issue. Would rather go buttonless.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Only FOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I'm not much on polls but C'mon so far only 4 people have posted about their HDX. So do you have one or are you planning to get one? Have you order one and waiting for it?

You lurkers can vote on the poll to let me not feel so alone!
Only FOUR of us have purchased the HDX 2013. In another poll located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225052

one of us already returned it as DEFECTIVE.

Plus, we have seen reports of a purple hue on some units. I doubt if the HDX is going over as well as the PW 2013. However, I'm enjoying it.

The only real advantages of the HDX over the HD are: a less glossy screen with only SLIGHTLY better anti-glare effects, battery for screen use lasts longer (active use is close), battery charges faster (33% quicker), the sound is a little louder, its cover has a built in stand, lighter (HD 1 lb. 2 oz. while HDX is 1 lb. with covers), and accessibility features for the disabled.

EIGHT times as many folks posting here have purchased a PW 2013 versus the HDX 2013.

For poor folks its not worth the extra money. For folks with money to burn its a must buy. Blossom and I must have more cash to burn than the others.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-22-2013 at 12:36 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I really am enjoying mine I purchased the 64gb model. And I can say I've been thrilled with it thus far.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

In this forum it seems there is a lot less buzz and interest in the new Fires and Paperwhite than there has ever been as far back as I can remember. Perhaps people are mostly satisfied with last year's models and don't see the benefit of paying for upgrades. But I first noticed this lack of interest in the Paperwhite threads. It seems like the lack of interest is much greater here in the Fire threads than in the Paperwhite threads. As far me, I bought the PW2 but have no interest in the Fire HDX 7". I've tried the Fire app as well as Kindle for Android and much prefer the Kindle for iOS app.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Not interested at all, I do not like Amazon's version of Android. I do have the original KF, did not like the Amazon apps store, and all the side loading I had to do to get decent apps. Also, the hardware seems a bit cheap, I would rather pay more and not get a purple frame

My main tablet is a Galaxy Tab, my phone is a S3, I am used to the Samsung environment.

If I buy anything this year it will be a retina iPad mini.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If one just wants to read eBooks, the PW 2012 would be the cheapest and is almost as good as the PW 2013. The HDX is really only for dedicated Kindle buyers who want the latest and greatest and really don't mind spending money to get it.

I own all four: PW 2012, PW 2013, HD 2012 and HDX 2013. I like to play with electronic gadgets of all types the best of which these days are my six Grace Internet Radios.

If I wasn't so averse to Apple products, I'd probably buy the new iPad being introduced today.

I'm still using a Samsung dumb phone and I'm waiting patiently to buy an Amazon branded smart phone when, and if, ATT offers it.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-22-2013 at 12:48 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I like to play with electronic gadgets of all types the best of which these days are my six Grace Internet Radios.
I have a Grace IR2000. Love it; especially with the remote app (Android and iOS).

Quote:
I'm still using a Samsung dumb phone and I'm waiting patiently to buy an Amazon branded smart phone when, and if, ATT offers it.
I have a Samsung dumb phone too (Convoy 2) and won't upgrade to a smartphone until data plans become optional. I also have a Nexus 4, but use it as a tablet (no SIM card installed).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Are the buttons slanted? See, that's my issue. Would rather go buttonless.
No the buttons are flat. The bezel has a nice little slant to it but it's really nice use. I would say check out Best Buy and see what you think.

I think older people with arthritis will love how the buttons are because they are so easy to push and to find.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Blossom and I must have more cash to burn than the others.
Are you kidding me!?! I do not have cash to burn. I live paycheck to paycheck most weeks. I worked my tail off on Swagbucks since July to make enough money for the HDX and Case. That 10 hours a day doing nothing but Swagbucks, missing sleep and having no time to read. I love my HDX and I am still working my tail off to make money for Christmas and more books. I've made close $700 since July.