Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What thread are you most likely to look at?
The ones with few posts 5 21.74%
The ones that have a lot of posts 0 0%
I don't discriminate whatsoever 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
What threads are you most likely to post at?

I think we might have had a poll similar to this one a while back. I'm just wondering if you are more likely to post/read a thread that has a ton of posts or few.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I usually don't pay as much attention to threads with a lot of posts, I usually look at the new ones with few posts. Except for one's like "This or That" "What is in your cup" and ones like that that I return to day after day.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I usually ignore longer threads. But it depends a bit on how fast it fills. A thread that's around for years, slowly gaining posts is different from a thread that was created yesterday and today already has over 100 posts... The first I'll visit, the second I'll most likely ignore.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I choose threads based on
a) topic
b) subforum
c) poster (rarely applied but I do avoid/ignore a few posters)

The number of replies is absolutely irrelevant.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You've left off a choice:

"Any thread with the word chicken in it"

Seriously, size/length of thread doesn't matter, it's what interests me at the moment.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I usually ignore longer threads. But it depends a bit on how fast it fills. A thread that's around for years, slowly gaining posts is different from a thread that was created yesterday and today already has over 100 posts... The first I'll visit, the second I'll most likely ignore.
That's exactly what I do, I think on new threads with a ton of reply's my opinion won't matter much because in an hour or two my post will be burried in newer reply's, and most people probably just look at the last few pages. But old popular threads that are return threads that I post everyday.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I read almost anything that interests me. It doesn't matter about the length. For really long threads I'll read the first few posts to see if I like what it's about and then read the last couple of pages to see what it has devolved into.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Subject is what matters to me. If it is interesting, I do not mind reading pages and pages of posts.

I found that one year ago there were more interesting and meaningful discussion though. Or I just became less keen.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I never pay attention to the length of a thread.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
That's exactly what I do, I think on new threads with a ton of reply's my opinion won't matter much because in an hour or two my post will be burried in newer reply's, and most people probably just look at the last few pages. But old popular threads that are return threads that I post everyday.
Yes, that's my reasoning as well. I simply feel you can't have a meaningful discussion in a thread that grows so fast. They also tend to go off-topic fast and thus have nothing (or only marginally) to do with the original post... Besides that, my time is limited and reading such a thread can take most of my MR day...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote