Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
maxxed62
maxxed62 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
305 can't import to device

calibre, version 0.7.43
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 239, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1185, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 690, in device_job_exception
AttributeError: 'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'

Why can I import on to my 505 but my the 350 now has a problem?
maxxed62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxed62 View Post
calibre, version 0.7.43
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1185, in books_uploaded

Why can I import on to my 505 but my the 350 now has a problem?
Is this happening with all books?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log when you send books. Start debug mode by clicking the arrow next to Preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Patatrat
Patatrat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log when you send books. Start debug mode by clicking the arrow next to Preferences.
I am not the OP, but I have a SONY PRS-350 and am getting the same error.

Here is my debug log:

Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.7.43
Windows-7-6.1.7600
Windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.0
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 6.84800004959
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG:    0.0 PRS505: starting fetching books for card None
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: dirs are: I:\ database/media/books
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: count found in cache: 0, count of files in metadata: 0, need_sync: True
DEBUG:    0.0 PRS505: started sync_booklists
DEBUG:    0.0 Building XMLCache... {0: 'I:\\database\\cache\\media.xml'}
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
None

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
	  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 307, in _books
	  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 172, in books
	  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 164, in books
	  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 180, in sync_booklists
	  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 168, in initialize_XML_cache
	  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\sony_cache.py", line 113, in __init__
	  File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2532, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:48634)
	  File "parser.pxi", line 1545, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:72245)
	  File "parser.pxi", line 1417, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71041)
	  File "parser.pxi", line 898, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:67581)
	  File "parser.pxi", line 539, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64257)
	  File "parser.pxi", line 625, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:65178)
	  File "parser.pxi", line 576, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64693)
	XMLSyntaxError: None

None

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 307, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 172, in books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 164, in books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 180, in sync_booklists
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 168, in initialize_XML_cache
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\sony_cache.py", line 113, in __init__
  File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2532, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:48634)
  File "parser.pxi", line 1545, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:72245)
  File "parser.pxi", line 1417, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71041)
  File "parser.pxi", line 898, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:67581)
  File "parser.pxi", line 539, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64257)
  File "parser.pxi", line 625, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:65178)
  File "parser.pxi", line 576, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64693)
XMLSyntaxError: None

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 754, in metadata_downloaded
A bit of info:
Ebook reader: SONY PRS-350
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit.
Calibre version: 0.7.43

Thanks.
Patatrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reboot your 350
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
Patatrat
Patatrat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
reboot your 350
That seems to have done the trick.

Am now sending all my books back to the device. If I don't post again, assume everything went well.

Cheers.
Patatrat is offline   Reply With Quote