Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #31
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Me three... but having issues with the device driver under vista / 64 bit

Ah second time it seems to be happier..

Nope.. Device driver installs but the the desktop says unable to detect that reader is in upgrade mode.
What do you see on the ereader at this point?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #32
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
what? no comments about font resizing? the #1 issue on everyone's mind?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #33
marnom
Enthusiast
marnom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Everything went flawlessly but for one thing: it did reset in date and time settings the time zone to 0 (UTC time), which change the time and day of my device, had to reset the time.

Last edited by marnom; 07-01-2010 at 11:20 PM.
marnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #34
MrBig
MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

It boots up fine, but shows that there are no books whatsoever. If I press the power button it goes to sleep mode but if I hold the button, it freezes completely and I need to reset with a paper clip.
I'll try restoring to factory settings.
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #35
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

I have a bunch of books in ADE and Calibre that were converted to epub and wouldn't refont.

Now that I have the upgrade does someone have an opinion on whether I should load those books using Calibre or ADE? I have all 20 in each program. Thanks.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #36
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Linux version anyone ?
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #37
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrizz View Post
Linux version anyone ?
We'll hoping to make a linux version available here on Mobile Read next week.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #38
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
WOO HOO, so much for sleeping. I just HAD to try the firmware upgrade and it worked beautifully. All my books are still there, and I have MEGA font So now I am off to read

Happy Canada Day!
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #39
tjecarb
tjecarb began at the beginning.

Installed fine on Win7 64bit. Haven't played with it yet.

Took some screens: http://imgur.com/a/6P560/kobo_14_software_update
tjecarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #40
MrBig
MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Reset to Factory Defaults and my pc still won't see it at all.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #41
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Mr. Big, What if you plug the reader in and sync it to the desktop again
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #42
MrBig

I don't think there's a way to do that at this point. It simply isn't acting as a USB device. Plus, it doesn't seem like it would be possible to force the Kobo software to do another update as it seems to only offer based on discovering an earlier firmware when scanning the device.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #43
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
what? no comments about font resizing? the #1 issue on everyone's mind?
I'll get to the fonts tomorrow.... My update went exactly as described, then when I finished I noticed my battery was nearly flat! So I've plugged it in to charge overnight...

I'll let you know tomorrow after I've played with it again...

Go to bed, y'all dun good.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #44
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
I just noticed that with the updated desktop app, a sync no longer resets the status of my books!

Also, I don't seem to be having any problems with apostrophes causing the content locked message. Tested with a dozen books that gave me problems before.
Halleluleh (sp) this has prevented me from grabbing books from the borders website as when I sync with it it kills whatever I'm reading.

Ohhh come on get that Borders app version out............. (must be patient
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #45
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
It did reset all my finished books to either new or at some random page. I had to "finish" them again on both the reader and the desktop app in order to put them back into the bookshelf. After a bit of work, I now have a clean 'I'm Reading' list.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote