Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Me three... but having issues with the device driver under vista / 64 bit

Ah second time it seems to be happier..

Nope.. Device driver installs but the the desktop says unable to detect that reader is in upgrade mode.

Last edited by PeterT; 07-01-2010 at 10:48 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #17
juiceless
Enthusiast
juiceless began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Anyone willing to share a link?
juiceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #18
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Here are the links:

PC users: http://download.kobobooks.com/desktop/58/KoboSetup.exe

MAC users: http://download.kobobooks.com/desktop/58/KoboSetup.dmg

It's a pretty slick process. Not hard at all.

Last edited by jimr; 07-01-2010 at 10:42 PM.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #19
MrBig
MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi, I'm attempting to do the upgrade on Windows 7 and it keeps giving me an error "Unable to Eject eReader."
It won't eject with the button in the Kobo software either, but definitely dismounts when I click eject in the Taskbar.

Even if I eject it using that and then try it gives me the same error.
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #20
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

My update went painlessly. It warns you it will take 20mins, but mine took probably just over 5mins. I'm impressed how nice and user friendly the update wizard was, I wouldn't have a worry that my mom could get through it (baring any driver problems, I didn't have any at all on Win7 32bit).

I'll check in after I get a chance to play with it some more

EDIT:
@MrBig: Uhh... I took 'eject' to mean unplug.

Last edited by Stinger; 07-01-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
I have to agree Stinger. It was very painless...absolutely mother-proof. So far so good. It has a couple added features I see so far...they added an eject button..nice touch.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #22
MrBig
MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MrBig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Nah I just figured out the problem. I noticed that it showed the wrong amount of available space for the Kobo. For some reason, the software thought my 1.5TB hard drive was the Kobo and I can't seem to change that anywhere.

To fix it, I went to the Administrative Tool snap in for Disk management and set the drive to offline. After that, it saw the right device as my Kobo.

Everything seems to be going fine now. Thanks!
Giancarlo
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Nice. While the Kobo is plugged in there is text on the screen explaining the status lights. There should be no confusion now. Excellent.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #24
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Mine took less than 10 minutes. The wizard made it very simple. I notice it still shows some of my read books as new but I imagine that will clear up after syncing again.

It remembered the page I was reading before the upgrade which is strange since it was reset.

I am relieved it went so well.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #25
MrBig

It worked.
My books are all gone.
Even the built in ones. :'(
(they're not hidden)
Old 07-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #26
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
My update went perfectly, and the 100 preloaded books are set to hide. The only thing is because I read one of the preloads, it still shows up under "My Books". Otherwise, no complaints, it was super easy.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #27
MrBig

Oh... shit. Not only are all my books gone, my computer no longer detects the Kobo at all. I plug into USB and the Kobo shows the connected screen. Computer doesn't see that anything is connected. Same with the computer upstairs. I think it's fried but I'll try re-updating it.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #28
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

I just noticed that with the updated desktop app, a sync no longer resets the status of my books!

Also, I don't seem to be having any problems with apostrophes causing the content locked message. Tested with a dozen books that gave me problems before.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #29
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
I just noticed that with the updated desktop app, a sync no longer resets the status of my books!

Also, I don't seem to be having any problems opening with apostrophes causing the content locked message. Tested with a dozen books that gave me problems before.
Happy canada day!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #30
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
Oh... shit. Not only are all my books gone, my computer no longer detects the Kobo at all. I plug into USB and the Kobo shows the connected screen. Computer doesn't see that anything is connected. Same with the computer upstairs. I think it's fried but I'll try re-updating it.
Very curious! What do you see on the eReader when it's not plugged in?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote