Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
andkore
andkore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
PRS-500 not recognized by eBook Library on 64-bit Vista

And also, when I plug in the Reader, a dialog box pops up that says "Found New Hardware" and it wants me to "locate and install driver software". Any ideas?
andkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
There are no x64 drivers for PRS-500 and apparently none are planned by Sony.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
jpengelly
jpengelly began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Didn't the announcment for the 3.x version of eBook Library say it supported Vista 64 and PRS-500. Maybe they just didn't mean together ;-)
jpengelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
VetteLady
Love to Read
VetteLady began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500; PRS-505 Silver, IPod Touch 1st Gen
Did anybody come up with a fix for this? I've got the same problem (new Vista 64-bit machine)
VetteLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
PRS-500 is not supported on 64-bit systems, and doesn't look like it will ever be. You might be able to use Calibre to manage the books, or use an SD card.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
If you have acess to an xp windows you can get Adobe Digital edtions to recognize the reader on that version of windows. Then just add books using the Vista 64 bit as another drive. This works for me as I normally add books to the reader I have this way.
Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
andkore
andkore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Yeah I talked to the Sony support people online the day I made this post and they said that although the update news for the new patch said it now supported Vista 64 bit, that was only for the PRS-700. So I just bought an SD card and I use that now.
andkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Anyone who reads this thread: there is a firmware upgrade offered by Sony that allows for EPUB and 64 bit support! Linky.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote