Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Marc
Marc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-500
What might be Sony's next activation promotion?

I have a PRS-505 that I haven't opened since I just recently bought it as an upgrade from my PRS-500, but I want to wait until I see what Sony is announcing on the 2nd.

I went to check Sony's current promotion and you get 100 "eBooks Classics titles" if you activate your Reader by September 30. The credit you get must be used by October 31. If I wait to activate my Reader, I won't get this credit. Fortunately, it's not that big of a deal due to the plethora of content available here and elsewhere.

Assuming that Sony's upcoming announcement isn't some new model of Reader, I'll then activate my PRS-505.

I wonder what promotion might Sony have then. I'm guessing that they might simply continue this promotion for the holiday season, but it's possible that on the 2nd they're going to announce some new holiday promotion, perhaps the $50 in free credit like they used to have with the PRS-500.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well, if it eases your mind any, a lot of the books that Sony offers as "Classics" are also available right here at MobileRead for free, and frequently are better formatted.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
jonbaber
jonbaber began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Looks like the current 100 "eBooks Classics titles" promotion has been extended to March 31, 2009.

At least according to the info sheet at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWor...KSClassics.pdf
jonbaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
and also on the sony library website...
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
Marc
Marc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-500
Ah, so they just need to update the SonyStyle web site to reflect the extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Well, if it eases your mind any, a lot of the books that Sony offers as "Classics" are also available right here at MobileRead for free, and frequently are better formatted.
I know, and that's why I mentioned the "plethora of content available here".

I still prefer the old $50 promotion, but I'm not that upset since I will have basically ended up getting this PRS-505 for free (after selling my PRS-500 for ~$200 on eBay and getting the $150 Sony Visa credit in the future).
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert