Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #76
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Then, why is 1.9.1 not available to me today from their American site? I just did a download and it was 1.8.3 which I already have.

I'd like to get the latest version but it isn't there.
Because they're obviously just not making it available to everybody quite yet. Whether that's by region/IP address or whatever. I don't know. It could be completely random in nature who gets the newer versions. I know I've gotten both 1.8.3 and 1.9.1 on different computers on the same day (from the US). Keep trying, I bet you'll eventually get 1.9.1.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #77
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not there for anyone; you're not being singled out. Nobody here has obtained 1.9.1 as a download, AFAIK - only as an update to an installed version.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #78
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not there for anyone; you're not being singled out. Nobody here has obtained 1.9.1 as a download, AFAIK - only as an update to an installed version.
I've actually gotten it both ways.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #79
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
It's not there for anyone; you're not being singled out. Nobody here has obtained 1.9.1 as a download, AFAIK.
I have tried several times to get 1.9.X via "Sync and check for new items" (I also have auto update on). It never worked, but today when I opened K4PC it rebooted into 1.9.1.

I agree with DiapDealer that Amazon has some rationing algorithm that decides who gets the upgrade. It might be as simple as some number of downloads per day.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #80
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Quote:
Sounds, though, as if it's probably best to stick with older versions of K4PC - at least until Calibre understands KF8.
Calibre 0.8.42 released today

"Support for reading Amazon's new KF8 format, calibre can now both view and convert MOBI files that contain Amazon's new KF8 (Kindle Fire) format"

http://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new

Last edited by grizedale; 03-12-2012 at 12:12 PM.
grizedale is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #81
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
Calibre 0.8.42 released today

"Support for reading Amazon's new KF8 format, calibre can now both view and convert MOBI files that contain Amazon's new KF8 (Kindle Fire) format"

http://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new
I just sent Kovid another donation. Calibre is a life-saver!!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote