Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
ebooks on SD card won't show up in the device

Hello,

If I understand the manual correctly, you just have to put the SD card in its place and the books it content will show on the reader.
But it won't !
I also tried transfering ebook on the SD card with Ebook library or Calibre : I can see the books on the software, but not on the sony reader, even after I shutdown and restart the device...

Am I missing something ? Can somebody help ?
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hmmm. Before the eBook Library software recognizes a SD card, there has to be a folder named "Sony Reader" on the card. Maybe the same is true for the Reader?

The books don't have to be in the "Sony Reader" folder (if you transfer them to the card using the eBook Library software, it'll put them inside Sony Reader/books, if I remember correctly), but I think the folder may need to be there.

HTH
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Message deleted...incorrect answer.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
I checked, the "sony reader" folder IS on the card... (since I have sync'd one book with the sony software)...
But I forgot to tell in my previous post that the card is actually a micro sd with an adapter, so the trouble might come from that.
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
wxiao
wxiao began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I had the same problem. This is a bug that is associated with PDF files. When you load books onto the card or a memory stick, the library software is supposed to create files and name them ***.pdf. But for some reason the "." is sometimes not inserted, and the reader then cannot recognize the books as PDF files. What I did was insert the SD card into a computer, and add the "." to the PDF file. Then Sony reader will recognize the files. If your computer cannot read SD cards or memory sticks directly, try using a digital camera that reads the cards, and then hook up the camera to a computer. This was what I did at first, and it worked. I hope this helps.
wxiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by karo02 View Post
Hello,

If I understand the manual correctly, you just have to put the SD card in its place and the books it content will show on the reader.
But it won't !
I also tried transfering ebook on the SD card with Ebook library or Calibre : I can see the books on the software, but not on the sony reader, even after I shutdown and restart the device...

Am I missing something ? Can somebody help ?
Try format your card with Panasonic format utility which fully complies with the SD Memory Card Specification
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote