Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #31
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by agravier View Post
I've updated the review ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04&postcount=2 ).
One of the issues for which I would like to get an answer is: how to get into column mode?
Secondly, I have a few PDFs which are actually made of scans, and they display as completely white in the reader, with both applications. It's a little more common than other PDF problems so I'd liek to know if there is a know solution to that?
The coloumn mode is avail when u hit "ok" while in the document. The little menu shows two coloumns among the other menu settings, with two arrows and the number 2 underneath. When u move the curser to that mode u can change the number of cloumns with the up down selection.

I think u missunderstood the PDF cabability of the reader. Ur scans ar plain graphic embedded in a PDF. Or do u convert it with a OCR to Text ?
If not then there is no coloumn selection as well as a mostly white "Picture".
I think when u zoom in there are maybe some letters visible.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
agravier
agravier began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, if I can find one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
The coloumn mode is avail when u hit "ok" while in the document. The little menu shows two coloumns among the other menu settings, with two arrows and the number 2 underneath. When u move the curser to that mode u can change the number of cloumns with the up down selection.

I think u missunderstood the PDF capability of the reader. Ur scans ar plain graphic embedded in a PDF. Or do u convert it with a OCR to Text ?
If not then there is no coloumn selection as well as a mostly white "Picture".
I think when u zoom in there are maybe some letters visible.
Hi, thanks for you reply. I think I didn't explain my problems clearly.
They are separate issues.
For the column mode, I'm talking about a zoom option that lets one read the text column by column, zooming in the column to match screen width and jumping from the end of one column to the beginning of the second in the same page. What I have when viewing a PDF with two text columns ( such as http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ature09146.pdf in the following example ) is:

None of these options lets me follow the columns as logical entities, and I don't see any OK button. Which OK button are you referring to?

For the second issue, it's that magazines bought online (in that case newsweek polska) are pictures inside PDF, and they display well on the computer but not on the device (blank screen, no it's not zoomed in). I think I actually just figured out what is different about these PDF: they are copy-protected (you can view them but need some password to extract images or print them). Maybe the PB reader software can't handle that?
agravier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #33
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
I too do not have the column mode option in the zoom when I open a double column pdf document. The zoom options screen looks similar to what agravier posted above.

Can anyone help?
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #34
agravier

Nobody close to the company to answer to that double column mode question? Tatiana?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #35
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
The column mode you are looking for is hidden on the zoom screen.
Its over the reflow 200/300/400. To activate it just press on the screen above that icon with your stylus.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #36
krish
Connoisseur

Pdf zoom - column mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
The column mode you are looking for is hidden on the zoom screen.
Its over the reflow 200/300/400. To activate it just press on the screen above that icon with your stylus.
I tried, i still could not activate this mode. There is only very little space between zoom 200%, 300%, 400% row and reflow 200%, 300%, 400% row. Clicking on this space above reflow icons is not showing any option. Can you help with a screenshot showing exactly where to click.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #37
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Attached where to push it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0037.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	54134  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #38
krish
Connoisseur

Sorry, I still could not find this. Clicking on the place you had shown selects the reflow 200%/ 300%/ 400% option as it is very close to these options. Do you mean these reflow options are the column view? Also strange is, why the column mode option is hidden??

BTW, I have 15.2 firmware in my 302 and I also do not see the word "reflow" above the reflow options as in your/agravier screenshot. However all reflow options exists. They are just below the row with zoom options 200%, 300%, 400%, 500%. Only the row with the word reflow is missing. Is this normal?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #39
agravier

Thank you for your help Ulli

I also fail to activate the hidden column mode it switches to the corresponding reflow, like krish, or if clicked a little higher, just quits the zoom menu. I also have firmware 15.2, downloaded from the German website (however, I always have the word "reflow" displayed as in my screenshot).

May I ask you what firmware version you have, Ulli?

Also, I remember reviews of the pocketbook mentioning explicit column mode, and the features list of all pocketbook devices include that on the wiki. Is it possible that this feature was removed by some firmware update?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #40
Ulli
(-:

I am using 15.2 as you.

When you hit the column, it selects the reflow one, thats the right behaviour. It works well for me, with that.

I am sorry, but i cant answer why this mode is hidden.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #41
krish
Connoisseur

Thanks for your response, Ulli.

I am not sure whether you mean reflow 200%, 300%, 400% is the column mode zoom. My understanding is column mode is different to the normal reflow mode. PB manual clearly defines both the modes as below.

Columns - designed for reading of books that contain multiple columns on a page. Use stylus to navigate through page in “Columns” mode: touch the screen in the point of capture and, without taking-off the stylus from the surface, drag it in the direction you want to move the image.
 Layout (Reflow) increases the readability of documents with the pages of large size. In
this mode the text is automatically adjusted to the width of the device screen. Some
tables and images may not be shown in this mode.

Column mode as defined here is a real column mode. Does this column mode really exists in 15.2 firmware?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #42
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Under normal conditions the reset hole on the back works. But when the device freezes the reset is also "frozen" (doesn't do anything). Anyone else having this problem? (Because it's when the device is frozen that I need to be able to reset, and not under normal conditions)
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #43
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
For me, the pdfviewer automatically reflows columns at all of the reflow zoom settings. Adobe Viewer. only works in 300% or greater. I don't have a hidden menu choice.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Under normal conditions the reset hole on the back works. But when the device freezes the reset is also "frozen" (doesn't do anything). Anyone else having this problem? (Because it's when the device is frozen that I need to be able to reset, and not under normal conditions)
Please plug your 302 to a power source when this happens. It should solve your problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #45
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Please plug your 302 to a power source when this happens. It should solve your problem.
I know, but the thing is: I do not always have a power supply or pc in my neighbourhood when it freezes. And as it freezes quite often .... Anyway: the reset hole should work ALWAYS (that's what it meant to do).
Is this issue being looked at?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pb302, pocketbook 302, review, unboxing, warranty