Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #3766
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Ben:

So it could be a good choice to remove this option. Better one option less then one distracted user less ;-)
I never used this option. That's of course no evidence but at least one hint.
I'm very sorry to say this but... that's the option I use at my 350 and no problem
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #3767
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Terisa:

Yes, but that's no evidence, too ;-)
(sorry for my know all manner)

YOLAN:

There is a new ZORK-version online which should bring some enhancements. Buttons now stay black showing choosen value in font-size-overlay. At least in vertical allignment (horizontal not ready yet). You could give it a try, it's really worth (thanks to Mark).

Mark:

I cannot grasp the solution for storing the option-values. Is it really that simple?

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #3768
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Terisa:

Yes, but that's no evidence, too ;-)
(sorry for my know all manner)
I only was telling that... no hint at all
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #3769
LikeBooks
LikeBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS+
PRS+ Installationsanleitung DEUTSCH

I know, that this PRS+ threat is for english users and hope it´s OK to post german stuff

@german user of mobileread / PRS+
Ich habe heute erfolgreich auf meinen Sony PRS-600 die geniale Erweiterung PRS+ installiert. Kurzerhand endschloss ich mich, eine Schritt- für Schritt Anleitung zu schreiben, denn das PRS+ Projekt sollte kein Geheimtipp bleiben. Ich denke mit dieser Anleitung sollte es für Jeden, der Deutsch lesen kann möglich sein, den eigenen Reader um die PRS+ Funktionen zu erweitern.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?g9yjyju8vntownf

(Im .pdf Format)
Die Anleitung soll noch um die Übersetzung von readme.rus.rtf erweitert werden. Ich weiß nicht, ob es schon eine deutsche Beschreibung der Erweiterungen von PRS+ gibt, ansonsten wäre das auch noch ein möglicher, zu ergänzender Punkt. Ich habe lediglich die Anleitung geschrieben und mich dabei auf die readme Dateien gestützt. Ich bin genau so vorgegangen. Solltet ihr Probleme haben, wendet euch bitte an den Support von PRS+ oder dieses Forum.
Ich freue mich über eure Kommentare.

A big thank to all developers of PRS+ ! With PRS+ you did a great job
LikeBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #3770
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Mark:

Great work! Thanks. After removing one small bug the button/option-thing buttons stay black and follow changing option-values over PRS-options. New files will be in the repository soon.
You are welcome.

Good eye for spotting it. But that's one of the reasons I suggested to rethink the option-values and adapt sizeOverlay.xml

Quote:
I cannot grasp the solution for storing the option-values. Is it really that simple?
A.
Yes, the core-code takes the whole object, checks thru the options-values and stores anything not equal to default.
It's simple like that, and well-thought-out from kartu
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #3771
Scipio
Scipio began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
@ Mark Nord
No, I don´t use any cards and last times I copied only a few books to the internal memory.
@ Ben
I don´t know what you mean...

Anyway, I use the sony firmware, no big deal. The books are still the same... :-)
Scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #3772
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Hi!
Could anyone tell me if there is still any chance to develop the search text option for sony prs-505?
Thanks!!!
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #3773
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
colibris79

There is. I'm almost sure, that the necessary functions are in the viewer-binaries and also mostly included in the fsk-frontend.
What's missing is a "system" keyboard for 300/505.
There are some efforts in apps like calendar, CLi and frotz but I think "typing" could be speed up by using numeric-buttons for input.
Like it is done in Clemensekens Dictionary.
I took a start on it over in my Sim-Thread

But it depends mostly on the weather on weekends, when you will see some progress on this.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #3774
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
What's missing is a "system" keyboard for 300/505.
There are some efforts in apps like calendar, CLi and frotz but I think "typing" could be speed up by using numeric-buttons for input.
Like it is done in Clemensekens Dictionary.
Thanks for the answer, Mark! I think that would be the best way of typing. Then, I will keep my fingers crossed.
And thanks a lot to all the people helping with prs+
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #3775
yolan
Connoisseur
yolan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & Kindle PW
Quote:
Terisa:
YOLAN:

There is a new ZORK-version online which should bring some enhancements. Buttons now stay black showing choosen value in font-size-overlay. At least in vertical allignment (horizontal not ready yet). You could give it a try, it's really worth (thanks to Mark).
Hi Analogus,
I will surely give it a try !!
Thank you so much to you and to Mark for taking the time
yolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #3776
yolan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolan View Post
Hi Analogus,
I will surely give it a try !!
Thank you so much to you and to Mark for taking the time
Hey, Analogus
sorry to tell, but the new version is not working properly
The current settings are displayed, but they are not applied to the text

I mean, it doesn't matter which fine-size setting I choose, it does not take any effect on the text. But the button remains black this time !!

I reverted to the previous version for the moment, and it works fine.

EDIT: I did some testing. It seems that the new version works fine until you reboot the reader, after that it is irrelevant which fine-size you choose, it won't take it into account

No idea what it could cause it to stop working in the new version

Last edited by yolan; 06-15-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #3777
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi yolan

Sorry to hear that. There is a brand new version online now.

But I think you have to use another 'extern.css'-file. As reverting back is very easy you could install the newest version, download the file attached, extract it and copy it into the CSS-folder of your reader (make a backup of your old file!). I think this is the reason. This file will not be overwritten when installing a new version.

On the other hand - never change a winning team ;-)

Greetings

A.
Attached Files
File Type: zip extern.zip (614 Bytes, 139 views)
Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #3778
yolan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi yolan

Sorry to hear that. There is a brand new version online now.

But I think you have to use another 'extern.css'-file. A.
Hello Analogus

It seems to be working fine now !!
I didn't have to copy the new extern.css file, I always remove the old extern.css file before installing Zork edition (you say so on your website) and the new version worked right after installing it, without doing anything else.

Just a question.. I mapped the center button to "Reset CSS".. what is that function supponed to do? I don't see any change when I press the button

Thanks for your support, Analogus
Old 06-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #3779
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi

Good to hear it's working. I think in the last PRS650-version has been a bug - the reason for CSS-thing not working.

And there is another bug (or let's say: 'work in progress') in the 'reset-CSS' - function. It does nothing now because it's not ready yet. So use one of the other functions. When this function is ready it will remove your personal CSS-settings and revert to the original book-layout. Same function exists in PRS-settings which is functional and OK.

Greetings

A.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #3780
Skylined
Skylined began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Zork for PRS-950

Hi Analgous

Please make a Zork version for the PRS-950, I would certainly try it

Many many thanks
Skylined is offline   Reply With Quote