Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
Ad2
Enthusiast
Ad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
converting epubs to read on kindle

Hi all

Which Calibre plugin converts ePubs into a format that can be read on a kindle?

I have an epub eReader (nook) and use Calibre. A friend has a kindle (not sure which version). I would like to convert my epub books (non DRM) so that my friend can read them on her kindle. Which Calibre plugin is the right one?

My apologies if I have posted in the wrong thread or something. I have done some searches and have been trying to figure this out for my friend but am totally lost.

Thanks
Ad

Last edited by Ad2; 01-03-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Ad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad2 View Post
Which Calibre plugin converts ePubs into a format that can be read on a kindle?

I have an epub eReader (nook) and use Calibre. A friend has a kindle (not sure which version). I would like to convert my epub books (non DRM) so that my friend can read them on her kindle. Which Calibre plugin is the right one?
No extra plugin required just convert your ePubs to Mobi. Mobi is the non-drm ebook format used on Kindles.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
Ad2
Enthusiast
Ad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
No extra plugin required just convert your ePubs to Mobi. Mobi is the non-drm ebook format used on Kindles.
thanks dwanthy, that is great news. I was a bit nervous as I didn't want to wreck anything for my friend but I will now convert my epub and send it to her.
Ad2 is offline   Reply With Quote