Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lightbulb New Site Status

Attached you find two teaser snapshots of our new page. One shows part of the portal, the other part of the mobile channel. Of course, both are under heavy construction.

Regards
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap1.gif
Views:	626
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	266   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap2.gif
Views:	481
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	267  
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 11:39 AM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
It looks interesting.

This new site is a re-vamp of this site or another site altogether?
And, where do you find the time?
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2004, 11:58 AM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
The man doesn't sleep. He's not human.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:40 AM   #4
johnnyringo
johnnyringo began at the beginning.

Oh man, I just found the site and was marveling at the beauty of design and layout. Simple, clean, elegant! I was a bit disturbed buy the new portal design... I hope it doesn't change... really...

I am sure the new site is a ton of work, but really, this layout is aces! excellent font choices, soothing colors, really perfect... a pleasure to read. I wish I had joined a bit earlier and carried some weight but I was lead here in a roundabout way from my Jpluck and plucker use.

And if what I have seen on other forums as well, your new site is a MUCH needed resource!

Cheers and good luck!
johnnyringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Alex,

Whatever you make is fine with me. Will the site still be www.turcic.com? I was thinking that if it were possible to convert the WWC file into hyper links for wireless users and have it available on the web so they can just go there on their wireless device and browse? A mouth full I know :-).
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@POL9A, it is going to be this site, plus more. The site will have a new name though, MobileRead.com.
@sUnShInE, you promised to keep it secret. Not everyone is supposed to know that I am a frog-faced, green-skinned alien
@johnnyringo, thanks for your appreciation. Please tell me how I can improve the design of the upcoming site update to make it more pleasing to you. The reason I decided for a portal-look is because it allows me to add new features for our community. The current design might work too, but I'm afraid it would look too cluttered at the end. Btw, the portal is completely custom-made, so it won't look like any of the other (postnuke, etc) portals.
@zire71man, yes, the links will be converted as well and integrated into the new site. I may have to come back to you and ask for your help typing in all the links
Old 02-27-2004, 08:52 AM   #7
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Quote:
@zire71man, yes, the links will be converted as well and integrated into the new site. I may have to come back to you and ask for your help typing in all the links
Alex,

I would be happy to just let me know how. Hey just noticed something. What are those icons next to the number of posts?
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 07:45 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

zire71man,

they are part of the new Karma system. I will explain it in more detail when the new site is up.

Btw, just integrated a chat system. Mobile version should be working by Monday next week.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:56 PM   #9
Dmc
Enthusiast
Dmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it is

Device: Audiovox Thera/2032
Wow everything looks so good. TY for all your hard work.
This isnt a concern to me since i finally registered only a couple of days ago but at another forum, which i was heavilly involved with, had their forum system upgraded and as a result everybody had to re-register therfore loosing stats etc (darn you quinnware!!!!) I was just wondering if that would be the case in this situation. If you've already covered this, i give you my appolgies.... I must have been...sick that day...Mr...Alex........
Can't wait for the mobile version to be up and running
I wish I could do something to help...I am not a programmer or anything usefull like that. but by the sounds of things around her you must have a half dozen arms working at 4 differnt computers and handling things....Just Fine
TY TY TY
Dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:02 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmc
I was just wondering if that would be the case in this situation. If you've already covered this, i give you my appolgies.... I must have been...sick that day...Mr...Alex........
Heh, no hasn't been covered. But don't worry, I changed forum software last year twice, and I am planning not to do that ever again Only updates from now on...

Quote:
Can't wait for the mobile version to be up and running
I wish I could do something to help...I am not a programmer or anything usefull like that.
I will contact you next week, if you like, then you can beta-test the channel and give me some input

Greets
Alex
Old 02-29-2004, 11:06 AM   #11
Dmc
Enthusiast
Dmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it is

Device: Audiovox Thera/2032
I would love to Beta-Test the new site. Anything else I can do let me know.
-Les Dmc

P.S. You'll be expecting a financial donation sometime in the next couple of weeks $$$
-Gotta keep this place runing
Dmc is offline   Reply With Quote