Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
absurdsequitur
absurdsequitur began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Lightbulb Nook iPhone Sync of Sideloaded ePubs?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find an answer to it (here or on Google). I'm thinking of buying a Nook, but have a lot of content already in ePub format (40 or 50 books) that I currently read in Stanza on my iPhone. I understand I'll be able to sideload that content to the Nook (no DRM on it), but will it then sync the sideloaded content to the B&N app on my iPhone, the same way it will purchased content?

I read a lot on my iPhone at work, so this would be ideal if possible.

Thanks! I've been haunting these forums for a long time now, now for my first post!

-absurdsequitur
absurdsequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Well, I just got a Nook (thanks Kb!) so I don't know, but I'm sure as hell interested in the answer...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
No, the stuff on the iphone app syncs with B&Ns servers, the sideloaded books aren't transmitted up to their servers.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
That's a bummer, if it did it would seal the deal on me getting a Nook.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
nonrudedude
nonrudedude began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (original)
Alternative to Nook on phone (for sideloaded content)

First off, hi everyone. Owned my Nook since last Christmas, but first time posting.

I was a little bummed about the sideloading situation on the Nook's phone apps, but the good news (if you use an iPhone) is that Stanza is a fantastic alternative. Load Stanza onto your phone (it's free). Then in iTunes, choose your phone, click on the Apps tab, then scroll to the bottom of that screen. You should see where you can load documents to Stanza there.

While I do prefer reading on the Nook, there are times when either all I have with my is my phone, or light levels are too low and I don't have a lamp available to read by with my Nook. For sideloaded content, Stanza for iPhone (hopefully there are equally good apps for other phone OSes) is great.
nonrudedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert