Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Help Me Choose My New Banner!

I've changed the menu buttons on my forum from this to these and now tackling the banner. I'm having my moderators list their favorite to least favorite by numbering them. I want some outside opinions before I choose one, so feel free to give me your favorite to least favorite, i.e 2, 6, 5, 7, etc) ;D

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Last edited by Lilly; 02-18-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I like number 5
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
8 and 10 are the only ones including the Daily Edition (PRS-900), so if your site includes all Sony Readers and your banner is going to use images, I think this would narrow down the selection.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
8 and 10 are the only ones including the Daily Edition (PRS-900), so if your site includes all Sony Readers and your banner is going to use images, I think this would narrow down the selection.
I'm not really including all Sony's in the picture so not having the PRS-900 don't matter (My blue PRS-505 is still my favorite reader).
Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I'm not really including all Sony's in the picture so not having the PRS-900 don't matter (My blue PRS-505 is still my favorite reader).
Doh! I forgot all about the 500 and 505. I'll take another look and get back to you.
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
#5 is the cleanest, least cluttered design - I like it best - no frills.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
#5 is the cleanest, least cluttered design - I like it best - no frills.
I agree, if the quality of the images and lettering could me made sharper. If not, then I'd go with my second choice #3.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I like #5 best too, #7 is my runner-up.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I say 5, of course I said 5 on the other forum too, so now I've voted twice
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I say 5, of course I said 5 on the other forum too, so now I've voted twice
I've said at the other place that the same person did #5, #9, #10 and while they are simple and clean, his image quality is poor compare to the others. It will look even worse when it's the full 949px X 200px. Check the others to see what I mean. I've sent him an email to see if he can improve the image and if he can't even though #5 is one of my favorites too, I will have to pass on it. I have a fuzzy picture now and that's what I'm trying to move away from!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I like #6
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
My vote goes to #3.
Just joined your forum today. Very nice for us Sony-ites!
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post
My vote goes to #3.
Just joined your forum today. Very nice for us Sony-ites!
Thanks Jan!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
#5 gets my vote.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
What do you think of this? Kind of a combination of 5 and 7. Personally I like 7 the best except for the color of the font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	banner.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	45874  

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 02-18-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote