Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Stop color rendering in code view

Hi,

(First of all, thank you for creating Sigil )

I definitely push Sigil at its limits with some pages full of tags (multilingual versions of texts with spans, divs, attributes everywhere).

I guess that this amount of xhtml in the code requires more work and therefore time from the color rendering engine.

Is there a way to stop this coloring when dealing with this kind of material ?

Thank you for your help.

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You might make sure you have a number of sections so that Sigil does not have to try to redo the entire document whenever you make a change. One per chapter is convenient for editing and makes it possible to use in an older reader and faster in the rest.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I doubt that colour rendering is making an appreciable difference here. Shorter chapters (and maybe changing to a more powerful computer) might.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I can't imagine coloring makes more difference than moving the Mouse pointer unless you are using the wrong (or basic VGA) driver for the Video chip/card.
(Note: I sometimes use Sigil on a USB2 VGA Video adapter, where a full screen paint of anything can ripple noticeably)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

I figured that the lag was the same as in notepad++: txt rendering is quite faster than xml formatting... maybe I'm wrong.

Stopping the cleaning process already got me a bit more speed.

Thanks again

François
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It must make the epub valid, sooner or later, so whenever it cleans it must check every tag, etc you put in there. This takes time. The other editors can be faster because they don't have to perform this checking. But you can get yourself in to a large size mess if you never check.

If it finds un/mis-matched tags, it will tell you where it fouind it was unmatched: at the end of the section. This is not a problem if you try to save with checking every once in a while, for you know where you were working and what you did. If you try to process all at the end of your work, it will take much longer to find where the error is.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I doubt that colour rendering is making an appreciable difference here. Shorter chapters (and maybe changing to a more powerful computer) might.
I see this in action all the time. It is true for my aging pc when I load long files, but as soon as I split to shorter chapters the speed-up is obvious.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
fxp33
Addict

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
I see this in action all the time. It is true for my aging pc when I load long files, but as soon as I split to shorter chapters the speed-up is obvious.
Thanks GrannyGrumpy, Mrmike and exaltedWombat. This is surely the advice of the thread ! Size does matter !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmikel
It must make the epub valid, sooner or later, so whenever it cleans it must check every tag, etc you put in there. This takes time.
Of course... but waiting ten seconds each time I change window gets me irritated sometimes

Have a good day all.

François