Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
rraod
Bibliophile
rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Will H2O boot from external microSD slot?

Hello everyone,

Recently I have replaced the (damaged) internal 4GB microSD card of my H2O with a new 32GB microSD card. I had to open the cover to do that. Now everything is working fine.

I was thinking I should have mounted it on the external microSD slot rather than the internal slot and tried booting. This way I can prevent opening the device again if anything goes wrong with the microSD in future. I am sure the microSD card would have booted from the external slot.

Anyone has tried this before?
rraod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's not impossible but it's not that simple either.

Just putting the internal card into the external slot will do nothing.

You have to adapt bootloader and firmware both to make it work from ext. card exclusively.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
rraod
Bibliophile
rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks Frostschutz,

If there is a post explaining this method, I will appreciate. I could use that method next time my device brakes down. (I am a tinkerer, and wants to improvise everytime... )

Last edited by rraod; 07-13-2016 at 04:14 PM.
rraod is offline   Reply With Quote