Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you find the Voyage page turn button sensitivity?
Too hard to trigger even at most sensitive 4 12.90%
Most sensitive is best setting for me 11 35.48%
I would prefer between most and middle 1 3.23%
Middle (default) is best setting for me 8 25.81%
I would prefer between middle and least 2 6.45%
Least sensitive is best setting for me 2 6.45%
Least sensitive is too sensitive for me 0 0%
Buttons turned off, don't want 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Voyage button sensitivity settings

If you have a Voyage, how do you find the page turn button sensitivity settings? Please choose the one best answer. The last is only if you do not want page turn buttons, not that you could not find a good setting. This is meant to be independent of haptic feedback and button placement and labeling even though those can be very important considerations. Please feel free to elaborate your response in a reply.

1. Too hard to trigger even at most sensitive

2. Most sensitive is best setting for me

3. I would prefer between most and middle

4. Middle (default) is best setting for me

5. I would prefer between middle and least

6. Least sensitive is best setting for me

7. Least sensitive is too sensitive for me

8. Buttons turned off, don't want
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I think I voted wrong, picking #6. I have mine on the lightest setting, which I think is listed here as "most sensitive?" I should have voted #2.

I find the medium setting too hard to push.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I think I voted wrong, picking #6. I have mine on the lightest setting, which I think is listed here as "most sensitive?" I should have voted #2.

I find the medium setting too hard to push.
Yes, #2 for your case. I downloaded the manual, and it does not call out how the settings are labeled.

Directed at everyone:

Would it be better for someone to let me know exactly how the settings are labeled in the menu and start the poll over with that wording?
Old 11-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Pressure settings are

Low
Medium
High

I use low, requiring the least amount of pressure.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I too like the LEAST amount of pressure, the LOW setting. I chose #2 above. However, I do find the *positioning* of the press to be touchy. Sometimes I have to press two or three times until I'm doing it in exactly the spot that works.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
I like the most sensitive setting, but I've turned them off (and voted #8) because, for the way in which I hold my KV, the pressure points are too far down on the bezel. I would prefer the page forward pressure point to be where the page back one is.....
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I too like the LEAST amount of pressure, the LOW setting. I chose #2 above. However, I do find the *positioning* of the press to be touchy. Sometimes I have to press two or three times until I'm doing it in exactly the spot that works.
I (finally!) got to see and briefly try out a Voyage yesterday.

I remembered someone posing about difficulty locating exactly where to press and someone else noticing differences between the 2 sides, so I checked both those. On the one I tried, both sides seemed to behave the same, and everywhere along the line worked. Maybe yours is defective. I wish it weren't so hard to find out what is normal variation, what is inherent limitation, and what is a defective example.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm using the most sensitive setting. I've also noticed the left page forward sensor can go back a page, I'm hoping it's something to do with the way I'm touching the line but will see.

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-11-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I like the most sensitive setting, but I've turned them off (and voted #8) because, for the way in which I hold my KV, the pressure points are too far down on the bezel. I would prefer the page forward pressure point to be where the page back one is.....
I think it would have been better for you to vote #2 and noted that you don't like the locations in your post, #8 is for those that don't want page turn sensors at all. Best location for the sensors would be the subject of a different poll.

The choices were arranged so that it would be easy to tell at a glance whether sensitivity preferences are evenly distributed or have a peak with tails. And, if peaked, whether that
peak is in the middle or off to one side.

Placement preference is important as well, but it is a separate consideration.

This doesn't seem to be a popular poll, so I guess that it doesn't matter.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #10
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I like the most sensitive setting but turned off the haptic feedback. I can see when the page turns. I found the little buzz distracting. Overall, though, I am happy to have my buttons.

Last edited by krazy4katz; 11-11-2014 at 10:50 PM.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
going to try the voyage on tuesday, my strenth isnt brill not sure on my setting.
but can tell it will be medium to very sencertive . i dont like buzz feed back as i have carpal tunal so cant tell any more .

but my guess is i set to medium. will vote tuesday
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:34 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Would it be better for someone to let me know exactly how the settings are labeled in the menu and start the poll over with that wording?
I don't think so. The meaning of the poll questions is clear even if you have got it the other way around to the way the Kindle labels it (you've used "Pressure"; the Kindle uses the inverse: "Sensitivity", so "low pressure" = "high sensitivity", "high pressure" = "low sensitivity").

Last edited by HarryT; 11-12-2014 at 04:41 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:39 AM   #13
x9prototype
x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW
I think the default medium works best for me. I would like something a bit more sensitive, but the high sensitivity triggers when I am just holding the thing (I guess I squeeze the device subconsciously).
x9prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #14
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
my finger presure level

today for me for example would mean a very sensertive press. as in sometimes today i couldnt press the keyboard on the ipad.

so need to learn use a stylus i think
yesterday was no problem

So my question is which setting do i set it on?

can someone remind me how to turn the vibration sensor off. ( cant see why that was included since tts isnt. surely having the feed back on is of little use if u can see the page turning . or am i missing somthing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think so. The meaning of the poll questions is clear even if you have got it the other way around to the way the Kindle labels it (you've used "Pressure"; the Kindle uses the inverse: "Sensitivity", so "low pressure" = "high sensitivity", "high pressure" = "low sensitivity").

Last edited by sian; 11-13-2014 at 05:18 PM.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #15
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
today for me for example would mean a very sensertive press. as in sometimes today i couldnt press the keyboard on the ipad.

so need to learn use a stylus i think
yesterday was no problem

So my question is which setting do i set it on?

can someone remind me how to turn the vibration sensor off. ( cant see why that was included since tts isnt. surely having the feed back on is of little use if u can see the page turning . or am i missing somthing)
In the drop-down menu, go to Settings, then Reading Options, then PagePress. There you will have the chance to change the Feedback Settings.

krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poll, polls, voyage, voyage poll