Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls package vs Kindle

Well my kindle had a fight with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls package and the dogh boy won!
While camping I dropped it onto my kindle (from about 1 foot) and it cracked the inner screen aaaaghhhh. I had a cover on it but had left it opened. (dugh me)
The pathetic kindle addict that I am... I called amazon from the campsite (oh boy me) and was amazed at the great customer service I received despite it being completely my fault. For 85$ (plus shipping) they sent me a replacement kindle wifi3g and it was there when I arrived home.
How amazing is that?
Sylvie
PS: Don't mess with the dough boy and close your cover.
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
"I'm sick of everyone giving me the finger, so here's YOUR finger!" - Doughboy

Sorry for your loss, but good that Amazon was able to be helpful.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Who's giggling now, doughboy?

Great story! Glad it had a happy ending.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
More important than Amazon's excellent customer service.....
You serve fresh baked crescent rolls when out camping??!!...I think I'm in love!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
wow, i've never heard of such a generous replacement deal. no wonder amazon is the winner in the ereader market.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Pics or it didn't happen!

Glad to hear that Amazon was so helpful.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
More important than Amazon's excellent customer service.....
You serve fresh baked crescent rolls when out camping??!!...I think I'm in love!
Car camping rocks. We bring the cast iron dutch ovens and make full fledge stews and cobbler over the fire. Yummy. And then there are the cast iron pudgie pies that can make individual apple pies and the like. Soo good.

The Outback is stuffed to the roof when we go camping. One cooler for booze, one cooler for food, 6 person tent (2 people, 2 dogs), 2 dutch ovens, 2 skillets, lantern, clothes, camping chairs, dishes, clothes, hiking boots, cooking utensils, air mattresses, and a ton of other stuff. Good times.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm sorry to hear of your screen loss. I broke one when I was traveling so I can relate. I have seen a few posts that people have gotten free Kindles, and I've also seen similar reference to $85 for a replacement.

GoSharks, one of my favorite campfire recipes is called Brown Bears. It is refrigerated dough wrapped around a stick and then cooked over the fire and dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar. It is very yummy!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Car camping rocks. We bring the cast iron dutch ovens and make full fledge stews and cobbler over the fire. Yummy. And then there are the cast iron pudgie pies that can make individual apple pies and the like. Soo good.

The Outback is stuffed to the roof when we go camping. One cooler for booze, one cooler for food, 6 person tent (2 people, 2 dogs), 2 dutch ovens, 2 skillets, lantern, clothes, camping chairs, dishes, clothes, hiking boots, cooking utensils, air mattresses, and a ton of other stuff. Good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
GoSharks, one of my favorite campfire recipes is called Brown Bears. It is refrigerated dough wrapped around a stick and then cooked over the fire and dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar. It is very yummy!
Now I'm really hungry!! We need a new thread of favorite camping recipes!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #10
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
So many companies have the most appalling customer service these days. I think Amazon are pretty smart to have seen the benefit of looking after their customers.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
I think it's in amazon's benefit to have a good exchange policy. I couldn't afford another 200$ on a new kindle right now as I just bought it in April. They would have lost a book client otherwise... Well until Santa brought me one in Dec. :-)

As for the crescent rolls, I do like bookworm_girl, wrap them around a stick (ok I use a dowel) and cook over the fire... mmmm... Though they were a bit bitter that night lol!

I'm almost done restoring my new kindle. I still need to load all my read books. argh... maybe I'll skip that part...

I never backed up the kindle. So I lost all my personal doc and their notes and bookmarks and music and such... The doughboy realy did a number on my kindle. I wasn't even able to hook it up via usb. Completely dead... RIP kindle RIP
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

I ordered an item a couple of weeks ago through Amazon and paid for two-day shipping. The item didn't ship for two days, even though it was in stock. I called Amazon and explained how I had paid for two-day shipping yet it hadn't shipped after two days. They were really nice and refunded the shipping expense plus shipped it that day as an overnight package. Yes, Amazon really does seem to take care of us.