Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
dthstalker
dthstalker began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi, new ebook reader and forum user but avid reader present

Hi,

Just bought myself the sony PRS-505, and so far I am very pleased - need to fill it up though.

I love books of course, teachers would actually berate me for reading too much. Those summer reading logs ?? finished the first week. My preferences go to Science Fiction, fantasy and plays as well as poetry ( my favorites being hopkins and seamus heaney).

Saw that there was a meetup in alexandria VA... wish I could make it (I live in the NoVA area) but I will be out of the country; how often do these happen ??

David
dthstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:59 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi David and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and check out all the free books on the site here.

Re: NOVA Meet Up. We had one last August and the one this June will be our second.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! I also got in trouble for reading when it wasn't the right time, and especially for reading while doing my chores in the house. My mom had never seen anyone sweep the floor while reading a book, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one on this board....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Hi David, if you want to fill up your reader then try the wiki, which will tell you about other sources of ebooks - free and to purchase - plus libraries you can use. (As well of all the downloadable books here of course.)

There are lots of us who read a lot here, if you have a look in the Lounge you'll see people talking about it!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Welcome to the forums David!

I'm sure it won't take you long to fill up your reader.

I enjoy science fiction / fantasy books as well and have recently started reading Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. It looks like I could be at it for awhile.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert