Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Paulus
Paulus began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
PRS 505 freeze after PRScustomize install

I did it. Accidentally interrupted installation of PRScustomizer for the PRS 505.
After hard reset it says:' installation new firmware incomplete, please try again'
Connecting it to my pc it says 'Updating firmware now'.
The orgnge light keeps blinking , but it never starts.
Explorer does not recognize the SD card and the readers drive says Protected !!.
No way to get in. Desperate please help
paulderooij@mail.com
Paulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go to http://download.sony.com/prs/prs-505...1.00.18040.exe and download the 1.1 firmware so you can reflash your reader. Then you can reapply the hacks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You just described my Friday evening. Re-installing the firmware, as Jon said, solved the prob. The amber light changed to red, so I left it alone for an hour to let it charge the battery. Then I pulled the USB cable, and in a minute it went right back to normal.

Good Luck!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote