Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
noerd77
noerd77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Delete read books automatically in Kindle Reader

Hello to all,

i have a idea and want to know if this is possible to install in Calibre.
First i have to tell, that i own a Kindle Keyboard Reader and i have all my books in collections. When i have finished a book i put it in the "finished reading"-collection.
No comes my idea:
Is it possible to set Calibre the way, that Calibre can mark the "finished reading" books in the Calibre-library as read and than delete them automatically in the Kindle-collection "finished reading"?
I use the plugin for Kindle-collections and import always the collections into Calibre and they appear than in Calibre in the column "Kindle Collections". So in Calibre i can see always which book in which collection on my Kindle is. Even when the Reader is not combined with my computer.
How can i set an option that Calibre automatically delete all the books in this collection on my Kindle? I mean only on my Kindle

If this is possible, it would be great.
noerd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to Plugins. Appears to be device,plugin specific.

IMHO you are asking the plugin to make an awful lot of decisions for you.
1) Keep track of the titles original collection membership and remove that entry when that changes.
2) handle the edge case where a different Calibre installation set the OLD collection status.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, collection, collections, columns, kindle