Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
8:30 in the morning

Just out of curiosity, what's everybody else doing?

I'm having my third cup of coffee and the kids are playing in the other room; this is usually the only time of day that I have to hang out at mobileread.

Is everybody else at work? There's 20 people logged on right now - are you, too, shirking your parenting/housecleaning or workplace duties?

Come on, fess up...
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's 1:50pm here in the UK and I've just finished my lunch. Now "hard at work" checking all the new messages on MR .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I like that one Harry!

Checking email!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
15:15 here. Since it's really gloomy outside today I am cheering myself up with a nice cup of tea.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
At that time, I was already long time hard at work. Busy day, but if it's computer work at my desk, I always try to grab a moment on MR! Every now and then I need to break away for a moment.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Waiting for an animation preview to finish rendering for a YWCA addition we're working on. On my way to having too much coffee today.

Last edited by sea2stars; 08-16-2007 at 10:20 AM.
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Still on my first cup of coffee. Trying to install a new internet content filter for the network. Ironic, I know.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Still on my first cup of coffee. Trying to install a new internet content filter for the network. Ironic, I know.
Censorship! Blasphemy!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Censorship! Blasphemy!
Censorship, and time limiting. We can't have people surf the internet all day long while they're supposed to be working.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #10
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

at museum now, with kids, using iliad for online reading and browsing, loving it.....
Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
At that time, I was on the phone with the network guy who handles our VPN stuff, trying to figure out why my VPN was acting a bit hinky. Quick uninstall/reinstall took care of it. Now I'm updating view indexes in a Lotus Notes app that we just pushed out, and worrying that I missed a vital part on one of the new functions, but I can't check it yet.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Back home now; quick peek at mobileread again, one child down for nap, getting ready to watch Mighty Joe Young with older one...
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
New day here, early sunrise. Checking my mails and all unread posts. The next few hours I will devote to the stock market, which, alas, is at a pitiful state these days.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #14
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Wow, the stock market - that would be a good way to put me straight back to sleep... I'm going to zip around town all morning, running errands, and then my "work week" starts (Friday to Monday) which means prolonged exposure to hardcore p-book advocates who cruelly mock me and my "bionic book" ... (their words, not mine).
Old 08-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Time now is 12:51am and I'm going to go to bed. And also hope that sometime tomorrow html2lrf will be fixed and a new version up so I can use it again.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote