Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Again an 50% off sale at B&N this weekend

Again an 50% off sale at B&N this weekend.
Not as big as the previous one, some 350 books.
I noticed some of these discounted books already earlier this week, like Memory of light by Robert Jordan.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Here's the link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK...tore/379003094
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Wow! These must be desperate times over at B&N.

An observation:

Even at 50% off some of these books were over $20 retail and not all of them were non-fiction that were that price. I would say that they were just a tad bit expensive even at 50% off.

Last edited by jersysman; 04-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Got Room this time around; Amazon forgot to PM it last time :P
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Wow! These must be desperate times over at B&N.

An observation:

Even at 50% off some of these books were over $20 retail and not all of them were non-fiction that were that price. I would say that they were just a tad bit expensive even at 50% off.
I didn't see any that were $20, certainly not at half price. I saw one that had a silly $15.00 price, but most were less than that ($2.99, $3.99, $7.49, etc). Even the new book on Coolidge was under ten dollars. I don't know why the Coolidge book (which is huge!) was under ten dollars while the little Mitch Albom book was $12.49 and the cupcake mystery was $10.49.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I didn't see any that were $20, certainly not at half price. I saw one that had a silly $15.00 price, but most were less than that ($2.99, $3.99, $7.49, etc). Even the new book on Coolidge was under ten dollars. I don't know why the Coolidge book (which is huge!) was under ten dollars while the little Mitch Albom book was $12.49 and the cupcake mystery was $10.49.
What I meant, and maybe didn't express it right, was that the pre-50% off price for some of these books was over $20 with some being over $35 retails. There were quite a few actually. That price is much too high for my taste and, as I said, not all of them were non-fiction.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
What I meant, and maybe didn't express it right, was that the pre-50% off price for some of these books was over $20 with some being over $35 retails. There were quite a few actually. That price is much too high for my taste and, as I said, not all of them were non-fiction.
I wonder if those are ever the real prices though. Amazon often shows a digital list price that has no relationship to reality. For example, digital list price $17.99. You pay $2.99. That way they can say "You save $15." And yes, I've seen this sort of price given for non-agency books.

eBook prices are like steampunk warships built out of Velveeta cheese. And yes, I know that simile makes no sense. Neither do eBook prices.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I wonder if those are ever the real prices though. Amazon often shows a digital list price that has no relationship to reality. For example, digital list price $17.99. You pay $2.99. That way they can say "You save $15." And yes, I've seen this sort of price given for non-agency books.

eBook prices are like steampunk warships built out of Velveeta cheese. And yes, I know that simile makes no sense. Neither do eBook prices.
Who cares if it makes sense when its so delicious?
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote