Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #46
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Gotcha. But if you're inside, and not wearing sunglasses, will you get the same reading experience?
Simple answer: maybe.
If Apple will make glasses for the device, you will probably have a setting for viewing them with various types of glasses or no glasses. Otherwise it can't be exactly the same. The site that I linked to before has 12 types of lenses, and beside polarizing light, they also filter it. But via software, you could modify the output of the screen so that the experience would be the similar.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #47
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Gotcha. But if you're inside, and not wearing sunglasses, will you get the same reading experience?
One would think so. Jobs isn't going to create a tablet where you NEED to wear special glasses.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #48
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I see the problem now. You are assuming that the glasses are just for the glare of the screen, but they are not. Apparently they were initially used by people going fishing, because they are excellent in eliminating the reflection of the sun on the water surface. Now they are used for many outdoor activities. So all of these people who are willing to pay allot of money for their eyewear might be interested in paying a bit more for their gadgets if it means that they are able to see who is calling them during their golf match without having to lift their glasses and squint at a barely visible screen.
That's actually exactly what I was saying. =) My bad if I worded it clumsily. edit: I wear polarized sunglasses. Gotta take them off to read the lcd screen on my cell phone.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 06-27-2011 at 12:20 AM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #49
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Haha I was looking at Ray-Bans and now I know that their more expensive polarized sunglasses would prevent me from looking at my iPhone screen? Thanks guys.

If the screens are not polarized, what is that supposed to do? Make it easier for people with polarized sunglasses to look at it? Same or worse problem with reading in the sun?
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #50
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
We've been having some fun with this, but... if you're outside reading in bright sunlight the chances are that you'd be wearing sunglasses anyway... or at least wishing you were.
Hmmm, no. I wear a cap or a hat. I don't even wear sunglasses while biking in summer (not even when the weather actually emulates a summer day).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, reading, tablet